• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

help setting up dedicated server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pp01

Hi mates,
well i buyed a dedicated server a few days back which has windows server 2003 enterprise edition installed on it. I access it by remote desktop. I need some help figuring out the SMTP and sendmail things. I have installed WAMP5 on my server. and i installed PostCast Professional Server (smtp) which is working fine and port 25 is also not blocked and working, i checked by telnet. In my php.ini file ... at the smtp settings place i have write my ip instead of localhost ....... I have also installed argosmail server on my server. To test my Smtp server i am running a PHP mailer script ... check out this picture how it appears on my server :

Does your php script get any errors back when trying to send mail? Have you tried connecting and sending mail from a mail client like outlook to verify your php script is not the problem?

It's true, many people aren't aware of how inexpensive web hosting is. The key is finding a web hosting company that can provide excellent customer support.

Is the charge made according to actual usage or are you expected to pre-pay for a potential overage? It is better not to go for hosts that expect you to prepay for overages, since it is very hard to forsee when your site will exceed its bandwidth and by how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back