• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hey, I'm at college now

Archbob

Level 8 Chinese Guy
NLC
Well, its 10:30 and I'm in my dorm after the first day(skipped the drunken party). I'm at Carr Hall 0117 at UIUC. Come by and visit me sometimes.

Good for you Archbob. :)

I should be in a university dorm right now, with the friends I had planned on rooming with it would be one big drunken party.

I missed the grade by 1% and will have to settle for a college without dorms. At least the house I'm renting is cool :)

Archbob- whats your schedule look like?

<edit>
I said Akalon instead of archbob. very :confused: provoking.
</edit>

Last edited:
You skipped the drunken party? That's no fun. Congratualtions though. I don't know what kind of Internet access I have at the school I"m going to, so in all likelihood I won't be posting here very much after next week. Cause I know you all care. :p

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Where are you going Blank?

Johnny, The dorms I had planned on staying in cost about 300/month canadian.

What do you expect!!! all the canadians are bashing me at the chinese thread its making me go nuts.

so 300 canadian dollars is like 180 USD? is the currency still 60% of 1 USD?

Not a bad deal for a room size of my room. here you will have to pay like, if you are lucky you can get a single room for $400

300 CDN is about 190 USD

The dorm is basically a small room with a bed, a window and a desk.

It really varys, though, depending on the university or college

Unless the dorms have changed much since i was there last (12 years ago) thats pretty expenisve. there are so many cockroaches there.

About the only bonus of living in residence are all the people you meet, and paries. Being close to school is also good, but you get tired of it pretty quick. You can get tired of your room mates pretty quick too.

I'm kinda glad i didnt get accepted into residence; I found a way better deal renting a place. $300 a month and i basically get a fully furnished house with a hot tub an awesome home theatre. I dont have to worry about pots and pans and toaster ovens and stuff. they are all there. (technically i am paying for the basement, but the owner is never home, and told me i could use the kitchen whenever i wanted and the whole house when he is gone, which is every weekend, and at least 3 days a week.)

I visited carleton last year. it seemed nice enough.

An acquaintance of mine got a $20 000 scholarship from carleton last year.

I live at home for the first 3 years of my degree. The last 2, I will live in residence.

I just can't AFFORD to live in residence. I suppose I could if I took out massive loans, but I do not want to start out life in debt.

So far, I start the 1st of my 5 years of college next week. The first 2 years are paid off. Now I'm working to pay off my third year.

Back