• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

high alexa reputation - what are the benefits?

Kindly tell me that what are the benefits of high alexa reputation?
Share your suggestions and views with me.
Thank you.

Well...you get to know that people with the Alexa toolbar installed are visiting your website. That's about it. :)

Agreed, I don't think there are that many benefits to having a high Alexa ranking. If you do, then your site is more than likely receiving quite a few hits.

The only advantage for Alexa ranking, is for those professional bloggers to prove their traffic rank in order to get higher pay for each paid post they write.

Well if Alexa measures correctly one's website traffic, the more targeted visitors it shows the more popular is the website.

Well if Alexa measures correctly one's website traffic, the more targeted visitors it shows the more popular is the website.

As I said above, it does not measure one's website traffic, and certainly not correctly. It measures visitors who have the Alexa toolbar installed. You can have an extremely popular site but no visitors with the toolbar, and your Alexa ranking is going to be low.

Alexa is only a slight indicator of your traffic. Many people use it as one of many indicators when looking at a competitors website. Don't take it to be 100% true.

Theoretically it might not give you any benefit, but it can be measured as a tool for competition. If someone is comparing between two hosts, a popular or increasing trend of Alexa rank can possibly be a parameter of preference for the customers. Sometimes, I use the tool to understand how well my competitors are doing. So practically, it could be of various use depending on your need IMO.

I don't believe there are actual benefits. Alexa is a good service to check out how your site is visible for the search engines, but this is just for informational purpose. You don't have direct benefit from alexa's score.

Back