• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Holy ----snow, Batman!

foo2thabar

NLC
Good thing I've got a '93 Range Rover to drive around. Had to push 4 people up hills last night on my way home from work because their cars couldn't cut it. Not that hard to drive on snow, people. Damn. Doesn't help that "road" has been changed to "vaguely between the mailboxes in the vast white expanse"

Jeebus.

We just had a couple of weeks of thick snow here. Didn't have a 4x4 but handled the roads like a boss. Except for the multiple times I got stuck.

Good thing I've got a '93 Range Rover to drive around. Had to push 4 people up hills last night on my way home from work because their cars couldn't cut it. Not that hard to drive on snow, people. Damn. Doesn't help that "road" has been changed to "vaguely between the mailboxes in the vast white expanse"

Jeebus.

O hai. I can haz ur free range rover? kthxbai.

-----

But seriously, if you ever want to sell it, I'm in VA and would consider purchasing it from you.

O hai. I can haz ur free range rover? kthxbai.

-----

But seriously, if you ever want to sell it, I'm in VA and would consider purchasing it from you.

I love the range rover! And all 8 miles per gallon.

255,000 on the chassis, previous owner put a new engine in 55,000 miles ago. Runs like a champ. Only cost $3,000.

There's tons of them here. Check the Atlanta craigslist pages if you want one.

Didn't get pictures before the snow-plows got to the street. Last night by 10-11PM the snow was even front door to front door between the houses. Couldn't tell where the street was. This picture, the snow is about 8-10" deep. City proper got about 4", here in DeKalb (still Atlanta addresses, not city proper) we got at least twice that. The street has about a half-inch of ice on it wherever you go.

snowhj.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! You've had more snow than any point of time I have had this winter so far! I could get up to a foot tomorrow though... we'll see :)

There is Sleet/Ice/Rain here in South Carolina. Worst conditions ever! But, you add the fact that people born in this state can't drive on a nice warm sunny day, and bam, add in these harsh conditions. :p

I love the range rover! And all 8 miles per gallon.

255,000 on the chassis, previous owner put a new engine in 55,000 miles ago. Runs like a champ. Only cost $3,000.

There's tons of them here. Check the Atlanta craigslist pages if you want one.

Didn't get pictures before the snow-plows got to the street. Last night by 10-11PM the snow was even front door to front door between the houses. Couldn't tell where the street was. This picture, the snow is about 8-10" deep. City proper got about 4", here in DeKalb (still Atlanta addresses, not city proper) we got at least twice that. The street has about a half-inch of ice on it wherever you go.

snowhj.jpg

That's pretty much what we had last month, except I live in a valley so it was really hard to get anywhere.

It's funny how when someplace in the south like Atlanta gets 4 inches of snow and they shut down everything like it's some kind of blizzard. Schools are closed, the govenor is on the TV telling everybody to stay off the roads because there's some kind of "state of emergency" going on. hahahaha

It's funny how when someplace in the south like Atlanta gets 4 inches of snow and they shut down everything like it's some kind of blizzard. Schools are closed, the govenor is on the TV telling everybody to stay off the roads because there's some kind of "state of emergency" going on. hahahaha

Agreed - same thing in VA. People are dumb! :lol:

I was a little concerned about Kasim Reed declaring a state of emergency over this ... until on the news the next morning he said the only reason he did it was so that he could get funding to hire more snow plows and salt trucks. And so that everyone could have a day off from work to play in the snow.

Middle of downtown got 4", everywhere else got 8-10".

I got maybe 7" last night, others got 12" and others got between 7-12".

That's about how much we got here in northern Indiana too. Nothing has changed. School is still in. People are still going to work. No state of emergency here. As a matter of fact, I had to get up at 3 AM yesterday because the ---- stick that works 3rd shift decided to call off and I had to go in 4 hours early. Try driving a mustang in 7 inches of snow for 15 miles on country roads at 3:30 AM before any of the plows have been out. Now that's fun stuff.

That's about how much we got here in northern Indiana too. Nothing has changed. School is still in. People are still going to work. No state of emergency here. As a matter of fact, I had to get up at 3 AM yesterday because the ---- stick that works 3rd shift decided to call off and I had to go in 4 hours early. Try driving a mustang in 7 inches of snow for 15 miles on country roads at 3:30 AM before any of the plows have been out. Now that's fun stuff.

Wow, I'm actually surprised you made it. I used to have a rear-drive car (300C) and basically wouldn't even take it out in the snow because the few times I tried I came so close to wrecking it. I bit the bullet and got a FWD super-compact hatch - it's awesome in the snow. Still miss having a big, poweful car, though. :cry2: Haha

The only vehicles I've ever owned were rear wheel drive fords. Ranger, Crown Vic, and now the mustang. It sucks in the Winter, but there's nothing I can do right now. Unfortunately, it's the only car I have. It's paid off and I really can't justify taking on another car loan right now.

Back