• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting Requests

tlchosting

I think it would be a good idea to have all requests limited to a month or two old and then gets removed or achieved.

I am sure after two months the person requesting hosting would have found one by then, and by removing the request the mistakes of not realising how old the post is, that the OP had found some one and bumping of posts would not happen.

Also one less reason for other hosts being snotty with hosts posting.

It's a good suggestion. If there is any automatic solution to lock a request thread after a certain time I vote yes on this. We won't remove old request threads though.

I'm sure there are some rare threads where there is an active discussion even after 2 months, but those could be reopened by request.

Thanks, but it's not for the vB version we have and it's not supported anymore. This one might be a solution.

I think it would be a good idea to have all requests limited to a month or two old and then gets removed or achieved.

I am sure after two months the person requesting hosting would have found one by then, and by removing the request the mistakes of not realising how old the post is, that the OP had found some one and bumping of posts would not happen.

Also one less reason for other hosts being snotty with hosts posting.

I also agree. Reduces host bashing and spam posts (posts that come months or years after request was made).

I also agree. Reduces host bashing and spam posts (posts that come months or years after request was made).

When it comes to what you call "host bashing" it's hardly professional of them to do that, as it shows that the company don't have mature level headed staff.

anybody have a copy of the sql layout for vb4? Could be as easy as writing a cron script based on date that closes a thread in a forum and with the ability to set the amount of days that could run 1 time a night.

Still working on correcting the forum design so that we get the old look back but this one is kinda growing on me now.

Agreed with the suggestion. :thumbsup

I'm sure there are some rare threads where there is an active discussion even after 2 months, but those could be reopened by request.

Well my opinion is that the system should calculate the 2 months period based on the last post and not the first post of a thread.

I've now installed the plugin I mentioned. Looks like it is working. Old threads (set to 90 days) with no activity are now closed. It's still visible for NLC members, mods and admins.

I've now installed the plugin I mentioned. Looks like it is working. Old threads (set to 90 days) with no activity are now closed. It's still visible for NLC members, mods and admins.

Sounds good. :thumbsup

Great thanks Peo should stop so many issues. I am glad this time I suggested it that some thing was done about it. Thanks Peo :)

Surprised I missed this one when posted :)

I was pretty sure vB had that facility built in, unless it was the older versions (that had all sorts of scavenging options for maintenance), been a while since I looked, might have to dig out one of my old ones and see if it's there or not, if so it should, hopefully, be there in the vanilla newer versions.

Back