• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostSpire down?

treznax

Hey,
I've been on hostspire for a couple days now, recently bad things happened to hostspire.

1] Client area I think stoped working so only support = email and live support which I havnt recived a responce for all day [Never emailed yet].

2] Login fails all the time --> My login stoped working when the bad stuff started happening

3] Andy said their was DNS issues

And nw the main thing
When I go to www.hostspire.co.uk it says "PrivateDNS" - Is the actual site their for you or is it all going downm?

I may be wrong, but I think he's a reseller of GeekSRV. I know they are moving servers and the DNS is being updated over the next few days for resellers with new IP assignments, hence they are offline.

I may be wrong, but I think he's a reseller of GeekSRV. I know they are moving servers and the DNS is being updated over the next few days for resellers with new IP assignments, hence they are offline.

We've not started the move yet, begins on Wednesday :)

just so you guys are aware, these guys are thieves and extremely shady.

I used their Code spire services and they took my deposit and disappeared without a trace.

Made a few attempts to contact these guys, to only find out they say they are a company with many people on staff, but in reality they are just 1 guy. Andy Colbourne. a 19 yr old boy.

I have yet to receive my refund even after they said they would handle it. Its been about 2 months and nothing.

If you guys use these services, i warn you now. You will not get what you pay for.

I used their Code spire services and they took my deposit and disappeared without a trace.

Made a few attempts to contact these guys, to only find out they say they are a company with many people on staff, but in reality they are just 1 guy. Andy Colbourne. a 19 yr old boy.

I have yet to receive my refund even after they said they would handle it. Its been about 2 months and nothing.

If you guys use these services, i warn you now. You will not get what you pay for.

I believe you will need to p[rove your posting somehow...

I _really really_ doubt this.

Best to start from bottom and work your way up, its how gmail / email system let me copy paste it. Just so you know, this issue was never resolved. He still didn't refund my money. And I can't get a hold of him.

So This is the "proof" you are looking for?

Well, it's like this. I'm trying to set up a business in a market where people can leave, just like that. It's very difficult as you can imagine. As you can guess from the hosting company, we host our own website(s). Andy was astounding at what he did, but he didn't like working for us. I suppose that's his prerogative, but we've now found someone who hopefully is more trustworthy...

The matter will be cleared up by Friday. Once I get my pay for this week, I'll pay you from my own salary. It's a small price to pay for the shot reputation of my business.

----- Original Message -----
To: hosting@hostspire.co.uk
- Hide quoted text -
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: Volusion Live Chat - when you were offline

Well 3 days is fine.

What happened to your "company" website? your "company" email? all of which no longer exist.... not a good way to build a reputable programming company if you can't even keep your own site up.

I will hope to see this cleared up by friday? Correct?

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:46 PM, <hosting@hostspire.co.uk> wrote:

That's not my fault. I'm offering you my personal money. You can either take my offer, or leave it. The police won't bother for £30, I can assure you of that. I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart, and out of the reputation of the business I'm trying my best to set up.
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:43 PM

Wait 3 days? I've already waited a week trying to get ahold of you guys.

I had to go a back way of getting touch with someone from this "company"

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:41 PM, <hosting@hostspire.co.uk> wrote:

Yes, he's a different person.

If you can wait 3 days, I'll give you that money from my personal paypal account so that this can never be heard from again.

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:40 PM
$51.83 USD. 10% of the down payment for a project he said was 500 dollars. 30.31 GBP

Not only did your "company" waste my time, but was very deceitful. And an Andy@metal-sanctuary.com is different than the person I was dealing with? This seems like a big lie on top of a lie.

Just refund my money so i can go my way

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, <hosting@hostspire.co.uk> wrote:

Yes, and as Scott told you in the chat, there were 2 Andys working for Spire. If he did a runner with your money, I can only apologise.

How much did you lose?
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:34 PM

The person I was dealing with was Andy.

This site deals with international affairs. As this is.

Quote from their site:

The IC3 was intended, and continues to emphasize, serving the broader law enforcement community to include federal, as well as state, local, and international agencies, which are combating Internet crime and, in many cases, participating in Cyber Crime Task Forces.

I was dealing with Codespire.co.uk, They (you) took the money from me. They are responsible for it. Issue a refund and this will not need to be escalated.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM, <hosting@hostspire.co.uk> wrote:

Hello,
I actually don't know what you're talking about. One of the chat admins told me someone was asking him about a website. The person who was actually working on your website no longer works for us.

I can give you his contact details, but you're completely wasting your time contacting the FBI because they have no jurisdiction here.

His MSN is mastaishere@hotmail.com. Contact him there.

Regards,
Andrew C
HostSpire

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:23 PM

Just so you are aware Andy, I am reporting you to the IC3.gov for scamming people out of money.

I have gone my measures to get in contact with you and currently undergoing a paypal refund.

The Ic3.gov website deals with the FBI and dealing with internet crime. If you would prefer that I not go this method, I can stop the form now. If I do not get a response in the next 10 minutes I will continue with filling out the form for my report. As this will only cause time wasted on both our ends.

Hope to hear from you soon.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM, <hosting@hostspire.co.uk> wrote:

Hello,

You can contact me personally on MSN at:

andy@metal-sanctuary.com

Regards,
Andrew C
HostSpire Director

These are all the emails sent back and forth before i got the "error emails." Sent back to me because that email addy no longer works.

That sucks, I have a feeling thats not the whole story but, still sucks.

I take it you never got your money back?.

Good luck!.

speaking of which, after he gave me his contact info, he immediately logged off of MSN when I asked for my refund. Then I sent those emails to continue listening to the nonsense.

If he wasn't the "person" who took my money, why did he log off MSN when he got wind of who I was?

Seems all shady to me. His website was registered to a home address. Not a business, under the name of a 19 yr old boy. I did my research.

Back