• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hotmail account freeze policy

NC_TOM

I can get u banned.
Here's an email I got from Hotmail. Looks like they're making another desperate attempt to get users to upgrade to paying service. It used to be that if you go over the 2 mb limit, you have a few days to cut down your account size. Under the new policy, once you reach 2 mb, your account is frozen until you delete some messages. :angry2:

Here's the email:
-----------------------------------------------------

Don’t let your account freeze up!

Did you know that if your account goes over the 2MB storage limit, it will automatically be frozen? That means:
You won’t be able to send any messages
All e-mails sent to you will bounce back without notification

Your account will stay frozen until you delete enough e-mail to put you under the 2MB limit. Then, you'll need to keep monitoring it to make sure you stay well under the limit.

The better option is to sign up for MSN® Extra Storage. For only $19.95* per year (less than $2 a month) MSN Extra Storage gives you 10MB of storage — five times what you’re getting today. It's the easiest way to avoid a frozen account.

PROTECT MY ACCOUNT

With MSN Extra Storage, you’ll also be able to:
Avoid account expiration — you won't need to sign in every 30 days to keep your account active
Send and receive larger photo attachments
Keep more messages in your Inbox and other folders

Sign up for MSN Extra Storage today, and for just $1.67 a month, be sure that all e-mail sent to you, gets to you.

--------------------------------------

I've also noticed other crap going on with hotmail lately such as them blocking the ability to work with more than one message through Outlook Express. You can now move/delete only 1 message at a time. I've found a way to bypass this using another Hotmail account, but it doesn't always work and I think their service has gone downhill lately.

I didn't receive that email but I often get mail returned when someone's quota is full.

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<*****@hotmail.com>
(reason: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
.... while talking to mx05.hotmail.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<******@hotmail.com>
<<< 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation
554 5.0.0 <******@hotmail.com>... Service unavailable

I never let my account glow above 400k anyways. Yeah, they are pretty desparate to get people to upgrade to paid.

They've probably already had that 2 mb account storage limit with the "freeze" policy. They're just stressing that now just to get people to upgrade to pay. Like that's ever going to happen - nobody pays for e-mail services (they either use free services or use the e-mail service that's built in to other pay services).

Wh would anyone be dumb enough to pay for Hotmail? Pating and still having ads ion ya e-mails? ROTFLMAO

Originally posted by The Red Guy
I wouldn't even consider paying. I use Hotmail only for MSN Messenger. Actually, the email service suck.

me too ... me too....
I created an account 3 years when I knew nothing about internet
and since then half of my mails are spam or "some great microsoft offers".The only reason why I still have this account is that I use the messanger because some of my friends are to lazy to get icq.
What would intrest me is:If your 2mb are ful can u still recieve mails?So let's try it: Here my address: <<snipped>> Spam it full.Have fun.

MaXX

Originally posted by makk551

me too ... me too....
I created an account 3 years when I knew nothing about internet
and since then half of my mails are spam or "some great microsoft offers".The only reason why I still have this account is that I use the messanger because some of my friends are to lazy to get icq.
What would intrest me is:If your 2mb are ful can u still recieve mails?So let's try it: Here my address: <<snipped>> Spam it full.Have fun.

MaXX
Damn it. If only messenger wasn't popular and good, I wouldn't be in this state. And to think they keep advertising about the messenger.

Damn it. If only messenger wasn't popular and good, I wouldn't be in this state. And to think they keep advertising about the messenger.

LoL
But wwhy don't u just change to icq?
Side remark:MSN Messanger is Spyware

LoL
But wwhy don't u just change to icq?
Side remark:MSN Messanger is Spyware
I don't like ICQ as you have to use "TAB+ENTER" to enter your words. For MSN messenger i just have to "ENTER" and all goes well.

I don't like ICQ as you have to use "TAB+ENTER" to enter your words. For MSN messenger i just have to "ENTER" and all goes well.

:D :D :D :D
What about using the mouse?
I don't like mesanger becaus u can talk if u're invisible and because it's from microsoft

I like to use keyboard for everything.

Buy an Logitech optical keyboard has mouse integrated
or just program a script in pascall or java or pearl or c++ that u only have to hit enter and it's send the message,rings the pizza service brings u a drink and already types for u the reply for the message

Buy an Logitech optical keyboard has mouse integrated
or just program a script in pascall or java or pearl or c++ that u only have to hit enter and it's send the message,rings the pizza service brings u a drink and already types for u the reply for the message
Haha...I like the keyboard. I'll consider it when I have $$$ thou.

Haha...I like the keyboard. I'll consider it when I have $$$ thou.

Me too....
And I just use it for submitting here the replies.
Is there actually any microsoft freehostforums wher u just have click enter to submit the reply?

Yep, as soon as I saw this e-mail, I knew it was another desperate attempt by Hotmail. :rolleyes:

A few days ago, my Hotmail account was at 2000 KB. I looked back at my history, and I realized how many huge e-mails I had. I had about 6 or so 100 kb e-mails, and another 6 e-mails with Word documents attached (I seem to be very popular as an editor of essays). I cleared them all out, and I'm down to only about 600 KB. :D

I wouldn't have a problem with this... but one of my friends keeps forwarding me all these crappy forwards, all of them a few hundred kb in size. :mad:

Originally posted by Toefur
I wouldn't have a problem with this... but one of my friends keeps forwarding me all these crappy forwards, all of them a few hundred kb in size. :mad:
You can always block him, or activate the filter system. :p

Originally posted by Toefur

Just forward then back to him.
Probalby,if you'll be lucky, the hotmail servers crashes from all for- and "back"warding

Back