• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How hard is it?

alley

Social Nutwork
NLC
:shame: :p

How hard is it for a web host to change a free sub domain that a client chose on registration to allowing the client to use a top level domain of their own on their account?

It's not difficult at all. Why...is your host giving you a hard time about it or something?

Well they won't allow you to change your sub domain so I pretty much can bet they would have a problem with you wanting to use your own domain.
I should have did it on account creation, but I didn't own a domain then.

It's not difficult at all. Why...is your host giving you a hard time about it or something?

That's just them being lazy, to be honest. If this is a free host you're talking about, I can somewhat understand why they won't let you change subdomains, because you would have people doing it constantly. Trust me...I know from experience. :D However, if you're adding a permanent domain to your account, I don't see any reason they wouldn't make the change for you.

Yeah, it's a free host, so I understand .. lol

That's just them being lazy, to be honest. If this is a free host you're talking about, I can somewhat understand why they won't let you change subdomains, because you would have people doing it constantly. Trust me...I know from experience. :D However, if you're adding a permanent domain to your account, I don't see any reason they wouldn't make the change for you.

Back