• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How much space and bandwidth do you use?

Most of my sites adverage about 5-7gb of bandwidth each per month,
and webspace between 50 - 200mb.

So it makes me laugh when people asking for free hosting want so much.

Like mentioned in another thread, I'm looking at starting a free hosting company, but need more customer input.

How much space and bandwidth do you use? I know a basic website will only use no more than about 25MB's of webspace, and right off hand, I know that FWS.net doesn't use more than 10GB's bandwidth monthly.

What do you use? Keep in mind, this is what you actually use, not want!

I host a static HTML site and a forum, it receives 90,000 Unique hits daily and uses around 500GB Bandwidth.. I seriously doubt FWS only uses 10GB monthly.

Chipmunk-scripts.com gets about 1000 uniques daily and only averages about 6GB bandwidth per month. Of course I'm on a dedicated server. I wouldn't host a completely PHP/MYSQL driven site on a free host...ever.

@allanh: how about cybertoad.net? :) they dont even ask for ads :). (oh and im liking the death note avatar, best series ever :p oh and dun worry, im workin on our project :))

For a free host i have to say that 500mb space is PLENTY, thats one hell of a lot of data files, and a very big forum. on top of that, as a free host i would never offer more than 15Gb bandwidth ( maybe 20gb in special cases) what some people dont seem to understand is that if you are using 15gb bandwidth, on pure uniques ( rather than downloads, which you shouldnt have anyway as a free hostee, cept in special cases ) then all you have to do is place some damn ads and hey presto, you can fund your own hosting, then your site will grow and so on, if i was a free/paid host, i would have a transfer plan, so that those who had reached the bandwidth limit for free packages, would get the first month of paid hosting, for free, that way, it would give them a chance to raise the money from ads in order to start paying, even if they had no payment options to begin with :)

With seven blogs and 192 other websites, I have used 141 MB of space and 884 MB of monthly bandwidth. It was much lower beforehand, but then I became a blogger, and well ... those numbers doubled from before.

Most of my websites are HTML pages or few images so that is why I have so many pages but used so little of bandwidth.

Last edited:
Back