• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How reliable is mydomain.com?

turtle

Just wondering whether you can tell me how reliable mydomain.com's service is like? Is the site down often?

I've registered for mydomain.com and ns are all in the database and even the pointing IP is up. How come it's still not redirecting my page?

My URL is: http://turtlepet.com/

Thanks! ;)

I have been testing their NS for a couple of days (or weeks) and guess what:
"Error: ns1.mydomain.com unreachable"
:(

Then again, just tried your link and it seems to work...
:)

[Edited by Semiel on 11-08-2000 at 10:05 AM]

They go through runs when they do fine and then there are other times when they go up and down. Right now they seem to be on one of the good times but last week they were down for about 6 hours one day. It is hard to find one place wilh all of the same features for free.

I think it would be better to use a registrar with domain pointing/redirection capabilities. Also it may take a day or so for the DNS to update. Just wait, it will either come or they are are having problems (as mentioned, it happens).

If you just want to point to IP addresses (no redirection), then people seem to like zonedit.com and I've used centrainfo.net and it was very good. Both are free, but are DNS services, not redirection services.

I stand corrected, thank you. I'll also add that centralinfo seems to have added a web forward service. I'm wrong on all accounts, heh. They both will do what you want.

Back