• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to connect existing hosting account with new domain?

Saul1

I have bought a domain(adspace.lk) and hosting from the same service provider (lankahost.net). but now my domain has expired and my hosting account is still available with all my files.

Now i have bought another domain (.com) at name.com .i want to connect my new domain name.com to the existing hosting account. Is there any way to do it?

Have you asked your host? They will be the ones who will take care of this for you, and change the domain name in cPanel so everything works properly. Not really sure why you wouldn't ask them this question first.

Yes you can do it, you need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to get your domain nameservers changed so that you can host the new domain on the same hosting account.

You need to update the hosting package by providing there what domain you will use with it and you also need to add an A record with the ip of your site to the domain records.

You will have to add your domain in your hosting plan and update the nameservers at the end of your domain registrar so that it propagates from the correct server.

To connect existing domain with a new domain you will need to point the domain to your new hostgator web hosting account. You can change your name server at your existing registrar or transfer the domain to the hostgator.

You would need to contact your hosting provide and get your hosting account updated with new domain name. OR use addon domain function if you are using cpanel.

It will be done easily from your domain control panel, just update your dns settings for your new domain name.com. Update your nameservers or A record to point the hosting account. So that it will be linked with your existing hosting account files.

Step 1: Add the domain name to your hosting account
Step 2: Select a folder for its website.
Step 3: Upload the domain name's website's files into the folder you select.
Step 4: Point the domain name's DNS to your hosting account.
Or ask your hosting provider. They may have different control panel

On top of that, just an FYI, it will take around 24-48 for DNS info to be fully propagated. So don't assume it's not working if changes aren't their right away.
1.gif

Back