• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HUNDFREDS of hosting requests?

dsfreak

Hey, this is really odd, and want to know if anyone else is experienceing this. I just checked Gmail, and I have about 100 free hosting requests, I would normally be extremely happy, but after granting a few, I realized one thing in common, they were mostly completely random email address (like er657fjuf7@hotmail.com), all coming from China or Hong Kong. I think this is some kind of attack, therefore I will suspend all accounts that I have made like this until I get it sorted out. Anybody know what is going on?

Lemme post the WORST email I have recieved, seems compiled from a form.... Removed personal info.... My name is( zhong), I a customer for hoping is( ***), password is(***), I is a( Info/ describe the oneself, the familiar character sees to attach the form) of( Age24)( the Sex is male)( the Job works, the familiar work sees to attach the form), I am in China, a beautiful country, my interest is( the interest of Info, the familiar interest sees to attach the form), my electronics mailbox is( ***masked***), hope you contact me.
My website name calls( make the matter numerator), is a practical information that a chain for of space, he having( Info column eyes name, the familiar column eyes name sees to attach the form) this a few columns eyes, we will settling renewing, at the same time, we would on the website inserting your website connect, you can obtain this aspect with him.I need( Info200M) the trillion space,( Info5G) legal power,( Info5G) database( the Info wants) CP version,( the Info wants) the area binds to settle and.( other request in Info)Please the belief, your choice is right, you will feel the satisfaction for this.
Hoping us can cooperate the success!

I get these types of requests all the time. Most are from China and infact i just got one no more then 10 minutes ago on MSN. I usually give them the opportunity to state their case but i have yet to grant a single request based on the fact that i do not host non-english written websites and i rarely host free accounts unless they have a decent level of traffic. I have nothing against non-english speaking people but if i cant read and monitor the content on their site then im just asking for trouble and id rather not deal with that.

I get added twice a day from this Forums asking for free hosting, the funny thing is none of them can actually speak english, I try to help some of them, but a lot are rude and ask for a lot and I cant provide them with much space or bandwidth when its free.

I have been getting the same thing myself. I have accepted a few of them until I realized the same problem or (common factor) that the rest of you have realized. Some of been legit granted but a good majority have been from China or Hong Kong as well. As long as I can provide it to them than I will. Most can speak english to where I understand it. I will just give them a week and a half and if they have nothing up then I will delete their hosting accounts. I was going to see if anyone else was experiancing this.

We get sponsorship request emails--almost the same thing except they're written with piss-poor grammar by a 12 year old kid. 100% of the time these get rejected. :p

I get them quite a lot. I get some that just say "100mb/1gb" or something of the sort.

To bad there isn't a way to block all the fake requests. That way your not really turning down a potential client.

Regards,

An application that just says 100mb/1gb or "i need hosting plz thanks buddy -jim" isn't worth my time to reply nor my time to host them.

people have to put out some kind of effort.

NZN said:
I get these types of requests all the time. Most are from China and infact i just got one no more then 10 minutes ago on MSN. I usually give them the opportunity to state their case but i have yet to grant a single request based on the fact that i do not host non-english written websites and i rarely host free accounts unless they have a decent level of traffic. I have nothing against non-english speaking people but if i cant read and monitor the content on their site then im just asking for trouble and id rather not deal with that.

I know how that is NZN, we're kind of weary also on hosting asian sites, I've researched around and found a lot of abuse on servers from those area's :confused4

Matt8 said:
An application that just says 100mb/1gb or "i need hosting plz thanks buddy -jim" isn't worth my time to reply nor my time to host them.

people have to put out some kind of effort.

I agree. I can tell with in a few seconds of a request is legit or not. I dont waste my time with them.

Regards,

I just got the same thing. Someone must be really bored and goes on this forum. Anybody think of a way to stop him?

It's not so much an attack as a concerted effort to find a spot on the web where these losers can host their warez. There are many large warez forums in Asia, and yes, members on those forums scout FWS for new hosts that they can abuse. When someone finds it, they post it for all to see. Very likely, all the requests you have been getting, dsfreak, have been coming from the same forum.

Since their English is not good, they have one person (usually with slightly better English ability) create a template, so that the users only have to change a few words to signup. I recommend that you filter all e-mails with that template, and if the body of the message is incoherent, don't grant them the request. FWS must take an active stand against warez.

Holy cow, is that, could it be? It is, conker has returned! good seeing you buddy, haven't seen your name popping around here for ages.

[/offtopic]

Hey Matt! Yeah, I haven't been on this forum in a while, but I dropped by because I needed to e-mail HostUltra about something. But good to see some familiar faces still around these parts. :)

I keep getting more requests from this jerk. All I can do is close requests temporarily and ban his ip.

I get frequent requests like this all the time. I did a little research on myself and found out that a lot of the asians take it upon themselves to list my site on their numerous directories without asking. Anything that is received that looks like it was composed by a child automaticly gets deleted. I was around during the hard times (5 years ago) when there were only a few free hosts, those times were the worst. I received literally HUNDREDS of similar requests every day.

Now there are so many people starting hosting companies (many of which fail) that the requests have thinned out. This is probably because the asians have others to bother now.

Last edited:
Back