• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hurricane season starts again

priyanka

Hi everyone,
Last year it was Frances,Ivans,Jeanne which caused the havoc. And this year it has started with Hurricane Dennis. I just hope people living in all those areas are safe and sound.

Yup, the rainy season is over and now it is hurricane season. I bet Robert can't wait for the moist season. :p

I don't know how people in natural disaster areas can live there. Earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones etc.. Scary! I guess they build houses to cope with it though.

bozley05 said:
I don't know how people in natural disaster areas can live there. Earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones etc.. Scary! I guess they build houses to cope with it though.
Not that often. :S

bozley05 said:

Different parts of the FL are affected more with Hurricanes than other parts. The areas destroyed last year by the hurricane were in a "no hurricane zone" sort of thing. Unfortunantely, 1 out of 100 chance, they got hit. After '92, homes being built in FL go through a very tough building code inspections and with shutters, I feel extremely safe. We also have 2 gas powered backup generators connected to our power, the minute our power goes out, the backup generators kick on. They can power this house (5 bedroom/3.5 bathroom) for a whole week before running out of gas.

I rather live in FL, where we have Hurricanes, then in CA where earthquakes can happen any minute, anyhwere, and there is no running from it and tornados, that can touch down any minute and cause much worse destruction. At least with a hurricane, we have time to evacuate and leave if we feel the need to do so.

But I love this weather.

If I lived in the USA, I would prob take the risk of a hurricane over having to live in a state that snows.

let us all be prepared for what possible may happened;
let us all be strong; don't panic; have a focus to save your life :wink2:

I rather enjoy the hurricanes. They're not extremely terrible, unless you're completely unprepared and unsheltered. As Robert said, you know when there's a hurricane coming. No such early warning system exists for tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis....

I much prefer living here in Indiana where there's no chance of hurricanes. Hurricanes are so much larger than tornados, and they stay powerful for longer.
And bozely, why a hurricane to a good, ol' fashioned snow storm? Just need to have a nice big 4WD truck and some tire chains. Driving in the snow is fun, as long as you don't run the risk of crashing.

In Japan, not a day goes by without a 3-4 maybe 5 on the Richter scale earthquake.

If only Hurricane Dennis would have hit TX and further West in the gulf of Mexico. My dad would have made a killing off the oil market.

I never get to pick up mistakes, so here I go... Tsunami's do have an early warning system, I guess it depends where you are, but in the USA there is more than enough time to evacuate through the warning system.

notnamed said:
I much prefer living here in Indiana where there's no chance of hurricanes. Hurricanes are so much larger than tornados, and they stay powerful for longer.
And bozely, why a hurricane to a good, ol' fashioned snow storm? Just need to have a nice big 4WD truck and some tire chains. Driving in the snow is fun, as long as you don't run the risk of crashing.
The only real risk I have here in New York City is...terrorism. Not related to the weather at all. :p

Or alien craft that are buried underground, be cautious if you have any strange electrical storms.

Oh yeah, notnamed... I've only been to the snow once and it is the most disgusting thing ever, I don't have a fear of it, it's more just the cold factor. When it's gets down to like 40F here overnight, I think my limbs are going to fall off.

bozley05 said:
When it's gets down to like 40F here overnight, I think my limbs are going to fall off.
LOL

I felt like that when it reached 40 below last winter.

If it's 40 degress I'd probably be wearing shorts. :p

I wish we had Maine's weather. Cold is good. Actually, if you transposed New York City into Maine, all the pavement and building density would actually cause the air to be warmer than the outskirts when the sun is out. :p

Last edited:
Back