• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I am a vintage addict!

mshiva

Recently, I have become an addict to vintage computers. As its my vacation, I have a lot of time to mess with these computers (really, it is fun to torture these old comps). So, I purchased an old computer, with:

Celeron 600Mhz
64MB SDRAM
5GB HDD

I also have an Windows 98 SE disk lying around. Would Win98 work well and fast with 64MB of RAM?! Anyway, upgrading to 128MB will not be difficult, but I have read somewhere that Win98 can not use more than 64MB of RAM efficiently!??

And do anybody know of any old Macs sold in some online stores, something like Macintosh 128 or Apple II (or even a Mac clone)?

Windows 98 will run perfect on that system. When it came out i was runing it on a Cyrix 5x86 with 32meg ram, and im pretty sure we had it running on a 486 with 16 at one stage.

If you were in and could get here, id donate you a Mac.

If you cant get windows running, just find a nice linux distro. Perhaps DSL linux would be a good GUI linux for an older PC, but im no linux expert, so best to look around.

Thank you, but I live in India.
Is it possible for you to ship it?

And I have a genuine Windows 98 SE(not actually mine, but my father's).
So it would be best to use Win98, also because I have to use my wireless router to connect the thing with my primary PC.

Last edited:
Back