• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I got my domain name back :D

What do you use to monitor for old domains? I have a few that I have my eye on waiting to expire and I would like to be notified when they're available again without having to manually keep checking.

Well, the domain I was hoping would expire just got renewed today for another 5 years. So much for that.

How did you do it?

So happy to hear that but how do you come up with that? It is so rare mine it was almost 5 months now. :(

It's in use :) as a VPS node and nameservers, was straight away.

I registered it first and got it up to PR 7 got a lot of work to do on that one again and I have some new ideas for it :) one of them is food related funnily enough, everything with chips (AMD or Intel)

You are lucky someone did not applied a domain back-lock else you would not have managed to get it back.

I think the best way to monitor domain is to set a back-lock for the domain name, so that the system registers the domain name on your behalf the moment it expires. Though they are costlier as compared to regular domain pricing.

You are lucky someone did not applied a domain back-lock else you would not have managed to get it back.

Did you not read, oh for goodness sakes.

Domain Back-Lock, what the hell is that...

Would it be the the way people steal domains?

Or the dodgy I want it on some sites, that costs money.

What you suggest is the way people lose domain names.

More than luck :) once I knew the exact deletion time it was a matter of good timing more than anything.

I wanted to register my old domain as well but GoDaddy has hold it for years~ haiz.. I don't know by when they will release?

It's just parked at GoDaddy someone else is holding it, probably getting enough ad revenue on the holding page to not release it.

Back