• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need a Windows VPS $40-$60

MikeyUchiha

I need a Windows VPS to make a game server. I don't really care much about the RAM or the HD but the monthly data transfer has to be as high as possible for that price range. Also, I would like a Virtuozzo Panel, I don't want to learn a whole new cp and I'm already used to that one. Also, the payments have to be monthly I can't afford yearly just yet.Thanks alot for anyone willing to assist me.

I would not invest the money into a VPS for a game server, it will not be what you think. What sort of game will you be running and what are your overall plans for it?

I am going to be running an MMORPG server on it. I am estimating about 20 people on at a time. Also what do you mean by it's not what you think.

mehboob can you please give me a link as well as more specs?

A VPS to run a game server of any kind is unrecomended at the best of times, too many restictions, etc.

You need a dedicated server.

Hello,

I am not sure if the following windows vps could help you:

Dualcore Xeon 3Ghz
Windows 2003
384MB RAM
5GB Disk Space
150GB Transfer
1 IP Address
1 Remote Desktop
$60/month

If something like this would work let me know and I can see if the server is still open :)

a VPs is jut not powerful enough to handle the kind of thing you will need. A celeron/Sempron with 512mb of ram should be ok with 20 players depending on the game but as the game grows you will probably want to start adding more ram. the MMORPG's typically run out of ram before CPU.

I can offer you the following dedicated

Sempron 2600
512mb RAM
80GB HDD
Windows 2003 web
10mbit connection
$99/mo $0 Setup Fee (Coupon required)
email me or send a helpdesk ticket if you are interested or want to go over a bit more specifics for a game server machine

Thanks,
Reed

I am going to be running an MMORPG server on it. I am estimating about 20 people on at a time. Also what do you mean by it's not what you think.

mehboob can you please give me a link as well as more specs?

@Avail-I know that but I can't afford dedicated servers which is why I'm asking for a VPS.
@hosting-shack-not true I was able to run my MMORPG on a VPS with Virtuozzo and Remote Access the problem was they had crappy customer support.
@swhosting-does it come with Virtuozzo?
@LSComputers-Same question

GoldRushWebHosting.com can offer you a VDS:

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
500GB Bandwidth
384 RAM
10GB Drive
Plesk

$62.00/Mo

Back