• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

if you speak spanish and want free hosting . . .

razor

Hi, I am taking spanish 3 and only have a few months left in it, but we are required to write these 'noticias' which are basically a few sentences on a topic my spanish teacher chooses. I have about 6 to do. What i want you to do is to translate them from english(which i will write) into spanish and send them to me via email. I can offer linux hosting with php, mysql, and cgi for 6 months. bandwidth shouldnt be too much of a problem as long as you dont go crazy with it. If anyone is interested send me an email at greengunboat@hotmail.com . this should be a piece of cake for any one that is bilingual.

thanks

It's always best to do your own work, but you can just use http://babelfish.altavista.com to save yourself the trrouble :p

And I just realized I could keep this quiet and earn myself some free hosting, but that wouldn't be the right thing to do, now would it? :D

Last edited:
Originally posted by R. K. Raja
It's always best to do your own work, but you can just use http://babelfish.altavista.com to save yourself the trrouble :p
I don't think razor would get very good marks if he/she used those online translation services. They give you a general idea, but it wouldn't be anywhere near good enough for a Spanish class.

if you want to hook me up for free i would appreciate it, but its more like translating work, than 'help'. i just need to get through 1 more semester of spanish and im done for the rest of my school career.

Originally posted by R. K. Raja
Be very careful using babelfish, it does a fair job at best. It can't tell how you are using words (multiple meaning words for example). A fun thing to do with babelfish is translate something to a different language then translate it *back* to the language you started in. Some interesting results...

Example: This is the Spanish translation of the post I typed above:

Sea babelfish que usa muy cuidadoso, él hace un trabajo justo en el mejor de los casos. No puede decir cómo usted está utilizando palabras (el significado múltiple redacta por ejemplo). Una cosa de la diversión a hacer con el babelfish es traduce algo a un diverso lenguaje entonces lo traduce * posterior * al lenguaje que usted comenzó adentro. Algunos resultados interesantes...

and then I translated that back into English:
Be babelfish that uses very careful, he makes a right work in the best one of the cases. It cannot say how you are using words (the multiple meaning writes up for example). A thing of the diversion to do with babelfish is translates something to a diverse then language translates it * later * to the language that you began inside. Some interesting results...
Same thing from English to German and back again:
You are very careful using thing babelfish, it complete an appropriate work at best. She cannot explain, like you words uses (repeated meaning draws up for example). A fun thing, to with babelfish to do is translate something to another language translate it then * backlaterally * to the language, which you began inside. Some interesting results...
Korean:
Quite attention deep use babelfish, it it does and day when well it is fair iss u ten:00 bedspreads. It you are using a word (it sees for many-sidedness meaning word) to peel, as there is not a possibility of talking. The fun thing will do in the babelfish in different language * - the multi silence which it translate the that time when it will split it it translate * is after in the language which you start in inside. el E for fun iss result...

Last edited:
Originally posted by Chicken

Be very careful using babelfish, it does a fair job at best. It can't tell how you are using words (multiple meaning words for example). A fun thing to do with babelfish is translate something to a different language then translate it *back* to the language you started in. Some interesting results...

I just tried that...

I translated "i think you are cool" from english to spanish and I translated back to get "i think you plows cool"

ROTFLMAO

Now that makes no sense so I can't imagine how many other mistakes their are. Never noticed how incorrect it is.

I added a few examples of this (translating my own post). How to confuse people 101.

Just think if you were Korean and you got a message that said the quote above (bedspreads???). You'd think the other person was smoking some really fine salad.

Last edited:
Back