• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Injections

The Red Guy

Dork
NLC
Arrgggg...... on the first of Feb (if it goes accordingly) I'm gonna have my hepatitis B immunisation, 4 jabs in all, I'm dead. Any of you not afraid of injections? i aint afraid of anything, except those darn needles! :nervous:

:nervous:

I'm sure as hell afraid of shots...:nervous:

The only shot I'm not afraid of is local anaesthesia from a dentist....that's only because they numb it to a point where you barely feel it before sticking it in the back of your jaw. Of course you can only open your mouth about halfway for the next day or two....

My last blood test was a pleasant surprise. The sister gathered about 10 little bottles (it was a multi test) and I :rolleyes: and expect the worst.

She rubbed the cleaner onto my skin and I was prepared to look away, thinking she would need a HUGE needle for that lot, but all it was, was a little canula. All she had to do was attach each vial to it and the blood flowed into it. Totally pain free :biggrin2: Hopefully you will get the same when you have yours ;)

Originally posted by Jan
My last blood test was a pleasant surprise. The sister gathered about 10 little bottles (it was a multi test) and I :rolleyes: and expect the worst.

She rubbed the cleaner onto my skin and I was prepared to look away, thinking she would need a HUGE needle for that lot, but all it was, was a little canula. All she had to do was attach each vial to it and the blood flowed into it. Totally pain free :biggrin2: Hopefully you will get the same when you have yours ;)

Hello,

I can't say i've had to same experience :cry2:. Well there were two nurses when I had my blood test.... the first try she had at it .. she missed the blood vessil (now that hurt)... I was like... "This can't be right" ... then the 2nd time she got it...

I almost fained on the way out .. dunno why :confused:. I felt very ill afterwards for a day or two. I think it was mainly because of the "missed" attempt... also it didn't brim me with confidence when the 2nd older looking nurse said do you want me to do it (to the younger one).. so I figure I got the trainee :biggrin2:

I guess the trainees have to practice on someone :p School kids are a good choice for target practice :D

I remember having a blood test when I was like 3 or 4. I don't remember how much it hurt, thank god. I have to get more drawn in about two weeks for a diabetes test :nervous: I hope it doesn't hurt.

Hmm...Carl, the missed shot shouldn't have caused so many problems. Maybe your illnesses were the result of psychological effects after the "missed attempt". :)

Originally posted by Ben

I'm sure as hell afraid of shots...:nervous:

The only shot I'm not afraid of is local anaesthesia from a dentist....that's only because they numb it to a point where you barely feel it before sticking it in the back of your jaw. Of course you can only open your mouth about halfway for the next day or two....
Yah, I had three such jabs to take out one of my tooth.

But the last sentence does not happen to me:p

Originally posted by Akalon
Haha, you guys are pussies, injections don't hurt. :biggrin2:

This topic reminds me of a funny pic I have lying on my computer:
http://www.scopewebdesign.com/files/laugh.jpg :D

Hello,

I know it didn't hurt that much. I kind of put the pain I felt when the nurse missed the vein below on the pain scale to when someone broke my arm and getting hit by a stone (not a little one mind) caused my head to bleed a lot (like most head injuries do , I had to have some glue put into it .. it wasn't that big.... still got the scare though)

I've also got hit in the head by a leg by a Cricket ball and my thumb from a fast bowler ... THAT HURT

Regards,
Carl.

I dont belive in immunisation shots. In my mind they do more harm than good.

If you are afraid of, as Jan put it, "little pricks" then you would NOT want to donate blood. donating blood is harsh, and I'm never going to do it again.

Immunization shots don't hurt a bit. The needle itself is like a half inch long, you barely feel it. If you look away, you don't even know it's been stuck into you.

Blood tests, well, let's just say I've had my share of them over the past few months. Most of them go pretty smoothly, but I've had the odd painful one here and there. But they don't last. Of course, if you get enough of them over a short period of time, the bruises aren't too pleasant.

I took allergy shots for almost six years. Injections don't bother me, I'm always quick to volunteer to donate blood when the blood drive visits the school (free food and you can skip class :D).

Originally posted by Nick
Injections don't bother me, I'm always quick to volunteer to donate blood when the blood drive visits the school (free food and you can skip class :D).

Same here...

My brother who is like 12 now got the hepatitis B vaccinations 4 seperate times so you don't have to get all 4 of them at the same time.

pfft, i had this needle with like 4 in one. AND IT HURT!!! Seriously, the stupid idiot nurse poked around under my skin for like 5 seconds before administering it!

Originally posted by Kaliber
pfft, i had this needle with like 4 in one. AND IT HURT!!! Seriously, the stupid idiot nurse poked around under my skin for like 5 seconds before administering it!

Back