• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ipowerweb: NOT-reliable!

Shimor

Hi everybody..

I'm a designer.. i host my clients websites and my own at ipowerweb.

Yesterday morning when i got to my office i found out i have
NO WEBSITE !
and NO EMAIL!!

i was realy upset because a good friend of mine is in Thailand..
and i was waiting for an Email from her to know if she's alive.

so.. i opened my browser to ipower's helpcenter..
where the only answer i got from the live support is:

"maybe there is a billing problem.. try sending an email to billing department"

I GOT NO EMAIL!!!! because your crapy hosting service!

so i did send an email... but still 30 hours later - no reply.

I think that in a normal hosting service this kinda' shit is unacceptable..

:confused4

i got clients pissed off!
i got no connection (EMAIL)!!
and i need to waste my time looking for a new hosting service...

Last edited:
These kind of situations are very sad.

I hope you sort everything out.

Try asking for a refund, since they made a big mistake at their end :)

Hosting with a provider that offers you everything for practically nothing will be the downfall of your business. Pay a little more and be satisified. A host being "crappy" reflects on your business also. Even if you have to pay more out of your own pocket just keep your clients happy :).

I ordered a dedicated server from Ipowerweb and it took 15 days to setup, when they say 24 hours. I called everyday for 14 days to here "It will be setup within 24 hours" Then when it was setup we had all kinds of problems.

Since then I've switched to 1&1 (1and1.com) and have had no problems what-so-ever. I orderd the root server on a Sunday night and by Monday at noon it was setup!

Try powweb.com they offer more than iPowerWeb for pretty much the same price, and from reading their testimonials their clients seem very happy. :)

Trust me, PowWeb is even worse...I'd host it myself off 56K before hosted with powWeb again

Flipstyle: Do you really think they would put bad testimonial on their site??? You post one bad thing about them in there forum and you get ban and topic is deleted.

I had a very "unprofessional" chat with one of the PowWeb admins. He used some words I better not say here. Within 10 minutes the topic was moved to the "Admin only" forum so they could "look into it"

Last edited:
With such company as ipowerweb, they have so many customers there bound to be some blibs and mistakes here and there. It's not surprising. One or two incidents does not mean they are a bad host.

Shimor,

Years ago when I first started paying for hosting, I didn't know about forums such as this one and learned some hard lessons fast. :tired2: Since then, I have learned to do some good ole fashion homework and along with help from members such as those on hosting forums, I've been able to secure quality hosting for a decent price with multiple providers with zero regrets. :classic2:

I myself prefer to use "smaller" providers (not kiddie hosts with a cheap rental box) who know me by name yet are true professionals and who have actual staff and quality equipment.

I never have nor will I ever recommend companies such as iPowerWeb or PowWeb simply from the huge amounts of complaints (though you can't keep everyone happy) I have read thru the years and basic knowledge of what can be expected by certain types of providers and the needs and expectations of people such as yourself.

If you take hosting seriously and others depend on you and the decisions you make in regard to hosting and providers used, a poor choice can be a seriously bad reflection on yourself and company as Robert mentioned. :wink2:

Your clients and yourself deserve better! If you want, just ask along with what hositng needs are along with a budget and I'm sure we can point you in a better direction. :cool2:

finding a new host..

well.. i guess it is time to look around for a new home for my website.

i dont realy know where to start.. today there are so many options..
unlike 5 years ago.

damn that really sucks if i were you i would've been very angry aswell considering you didnt get your mail to see whether your friend was alive.. if that happened to me i would probably get so angry that i would DoS ipowerweb or something lol

Not very professional, you look like another host to avoid like the plague. :S

Do you mean PowWeb? No Ipower & PowWeb are not the same company. Like I said I'd run a server off dial-up before I hosted with PowWeb again....

Same company different sites same datacenter (in fact same server) the rest are different companies.

Back