• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is free Hosting Safe! ?

If you are serious about your website and want to go for a long run, then you should always get a paid hosting rather than a free hosting service.

If you are serious about your website as in, you want to attract a significant audience or run a business on it, you should not consider free hosting. If it's for personal use and you want to see if blogging is for you and want to have your personal domain, then go ahead, start with free hosting. Once your working with it you will get a better understanding of how well it works for you. If at some point you decide you want more options you can always switch to paid hosting.

In my experience it is best to use free hosting for testing a website. Always go for premium once your site is ready to go live.

Is free hosting safe, i have a number of website like forums and stuff i have hosted on free servers, what to stop the host from taking the database and selling it, any one know any safe hosts.
Free is free ! You got the sensitive one so change it .

Simple - it is safe if you pick a good free host.

If you pick a dodgy one then it's not.

Jeez!

Simple - it is safe if you pick a good free host.

If you pick a dodgy one then it's not.

Jeez!
I completely agree.

Personally, I contact my friends, and trustworthy members here asking if they'd be willing to help me out. 9 out of 10 cases, the members here who own very reputable hosting companies are more than happy to help me. I have a name for myself out here, and yes, while I have done some "crazy shiz" programming (Like programming a 3D MMORPG from C# from scratch) my friends here know that I will not do anything to compromise the integrity of their server. If I'm in the mood to do some "hacking" (white hacking) I will release my findings to the server owner with a list of possible fixes in order to assist them.

I don't just take free hosting. If I see a friend whom I know to be reputable, make an offer to someone requesting paid hosting, I will jump in and vouch for them! It's the least I can do!

I contact my friends, and trustworthy members here asking if they'd be willing to help me out. 9 out of 10 cases, the members here who own very reputable hosting companies are more than happy to help me.

Speaking of which.... I take it that you no longer need your account with me, Sarah? Your blog died ages ago and the domain has since expired. :p

Speaking of which.... I take it that you no longer need your account with me, Sarah? Your blog died ages ago and the domain has since expired. :p

Hahahahaha Sorry about that Deeplist, yeah that would be fine :)
I've been really all over the place in the last (god knows how long) thanks for the hosting!

FYI: To everyone, the entire time that my blog was active and hosted with Deeplist's company, there had been no unscheduled down time, it had ran very well, and had no errors! If you're looking for a great reliable host, don't disregard deeplist's company! :D

Don't start that confusion off again :biggrin2: Decker's plural... Doubt if Charles has got over the last time everyone got us confused.

Do fun and maybe private stuff on free hosts, and business things on paid hosting.

Free space is as safe as paid hosting, but maybe the hoster run out of money and the servers are down.
We have the times of adblocker and so no cash for 100% free hosters...

regards

If, and only if they are backed up by another company, sure it is safe (sometimes). If you value your hardwork and data, i'd suggest looking into paid hosting instead.

Honestly paid or not every hosting company uses the same type of equipment to host your site.

What it matters is that the person behind the free hosting is taking care of their servers well.
Myself I offer free hosting and the security of my site users is way important to me.

Back