• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is it me or is the reps per day seem lower...

Zombie

You're not safe.
NLC
NLC
I swear I was able to spread rep much further before... now it seems only after like 6 (give or take) I get /rep banned

Was it changed?

I've also found that it takes forever before I can rep the same person again. Was that changed recently too?

It was increased some time back as we had a few who were only +repping their buddies to get extra blobs.

Maybe make a Reputation Area?

Is there any value to making a Reputation Area?

While admittedly not overly working on it, I only managed to find the Rep features about five times in my time here, and a few months later I forgot again.

Viewing Reps is apparently only /easiest available under the user control panel in Settings, giving rep is apparently only /easiest under little unlabeled stars in posts.

Is there any value to making a central link near the mailbox Notifications area that unifies the Rep results?

This might be due to an error in vBulletin 4.. not sure if its still around, but it used to be that if you clicked the rep button and you got the error about spreading more reputation, it counted as one of your reps for that day :)

This might be due to an error in vBulletin 4.. not sure if its still around, but it used to be that if you clicked the rep button and you got the error about spreading more reputation, it counted as one of your reps for that day :)

This,

Just might be the answer.

I click on peoples rep constantly only to be told I can't, unless the rep limit is like 4-7

It could be the answer

You click on that star below a member name and you can give him reputation. rep=reputation.
Thanks for the info. I don't want to click on the "reputation" link as I'm not sure what is going to happen. Can I click and investigate it without creating problems?
:fangel:

Thanks for the info. I don't want to click on the "reputation" link as I'm not sure what is going to happen. Can I click and investigate it without creating problems?
:fangel:

If you click the star, you automatically give permission for Peo to bludgeon small babies to death in your name...

Nah, only kidding, yeah, give rep out!

I can't ever give rep to the people who deserve it... I think our problem is that we dont have enough people worthy of repping.

I can't ever give rep to the people who deserve it... I think our problem is that we dont have enough people worthy of repping.

Enough, yes.
Only the active people get/give rep and its such a small bunch we are easily limited by the requirement to spread reputation

OK. I checked it out. Looks a bit redundant though. Much easier to write a post or PM a person?
:)

writing a post or PM doesnt let others know at a glance what your rep is on the forum though. rep is also private unless you decide to sign your name, and that is nice. some people get mad at getting a -rep from someone and it could become an issue where they get in a -rep war just attacking the other person for no reason other than for getting -rep. so, rep is nice to have.

I swear I was able to spread rep much further before... now it seems only after like 6 (give or take) I get /rep banned

Was it changed?

/rep me!

I could use good rep now after i get all the hate rep. Because i don't allow bashing on me...

Show the love!

On a real note I did read that you can only rep if you been here a long time. I still am not clear on how long you need to be registered to rep.. I would not mind passing on /rep!

writing a post or PM doesnt let others know at a glance what your rep is on the forum though. rep is also private unless you decide to sign your name, and that is nice. some people get mad at getting a -rep from someone and it could become an issue where they get in a -rep war just attacking the other person for no reason other than for getting -rep. so, rep is nice to have.

Seems like this is how it's working now adays. I see more of bad rep then good... I think there should be a limit on how many times you can give bad rep to one user =)

Back