• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is it possible?

.Joe.

Yours Truly
NLC
To make your PC/Computer a webserver? Like downloading Apache, and configuring mySQL, PHP,, etc. can you make your PC a webserver to host people?

Short answer Yes

long answer maybe

By that I mean you have to read your isp's terms of service and make sure its allowed.

Also you have to make sure port 80 is not blocked.

And the final thing is. Dont use a home pc for a main webserver. Speeds reliability and stability are going to be crap

I'm not going to use it, because I rather invest the 100-200$ a month then get my ISP mad at me. I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Thanks. :)

Then go with the short answer of yes it is possible :)

I have used AppServ (just google it)

You will find a server run on your home PC will be much slower than a "real" server, as well.

Hi!
It's good for testing...nothing more. I did ask Embarq how much they would charge me for a static ip address. The answer? $20/month.

I think not.

Bryon

I used to have XAMPP on my computer, but I never used it for anything other than doing a pre-install of mods/themes for my old vBulletin forums so if it didn't work, it wouldn't affect the users. If it worked, then I'd install it on the live server.

I wanted to use XAMMP to test out scripts, and continue on learning PHP? Would that work..?

Back