• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Job Upgrade!

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
So I got a job upgrade :)

From call center agent -> supervisor -> and now IT Support / Network & Server Admin

I get to play on about two dozen servers :)
Most of them are asterisk servers and the rest are used to store recordings.

Here are two phone camera pictures that show our temporary hvac system + sea of cables :)

001nl8.jpg
002wz4.jpg

I accidentally the whole network and now its not responding.

and yea, very good cable management indeed.

My favourite bits are the $14 fans pointing at the racks.

:)

Enjoy the job. (not too much utub ok?)

You might get better results putting vented tiles in front of your cabinets and seal up the open slots. Use the fans to blow the heat out from behind your systems. This will bring down temperatures and get your promoted to Director of Information Technology.

Good luck. I've seen worse.

Best,

Justin

Have no worries guys, the fans are gone :)
Hvac people came in to fix it.

However I'm afraid the cables will stay that way. It would take a whole day to disconnect everything and properly reconnect.
At least the person who originall did the wiring was sane enough to stick those lil label stickers on both ends of the cable :p

you should just slowly disconnect a few cables a day, un-tangle, and reconnect, and then in the next month or so, it will be all neat and fixed up. promotion for Wojtek. :p

I've become way too obsessed with cable management and knowing where everything goes that I could not stand that mess for a minute.

It's a disease. Thank the audio industry.

you should just slowly disconnect a few cables a day, un-tangle, and reconnect, and then in the next month or so, it will be all neat and fixed up. promotion for Wojtek. :p

I agree, start slow and eventually the mess will clear out. Good luck with that mess :wave:

Back