• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Joomla! Shopping Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Guys,

I am doing a site for a local business who wishes to sell online. They want Joomla with a customised template which I am in the middle of doing.
They also need a good shopping cart so they can sell their products world wide. I installed VirtueMart but for some odd reason, each time I do anything with the shopping cart, such as attempt to add a product, it logs me out of Joomla.
Have any of you got recommendations of a good Shopping Cart component for Joomla that I can use. Don't mind paying, once it's not too expensive and works perfectly..

Dan

VirtueMart logs you out? thats odd...

Other than VirtueMart I haven't ever seen any real good shopping cart addon.

VirtueMart logs you out? thats odd...

Other than VirtueMart I haven't ever seen any real good shopping cart addon.

Yeah whenever I do anything in the VirtueMart Backend it just logs me out of the Joomla Administration.
It must be a setting or some kind of configuration I did wrong.

Yeah whenever I do anything in the VirtueMart Backend it just logs me out of the Joomla Administration.
It must be a setting or some kind of configuration I did wrong.

If you want I can take a look at the configs and such and try and get it working for you.

You wouldn't be the first person that has had an issue with joomla :D

Is there any real reason you are wanting it to be a part of joomla? Or cant you use the wrapper and then you could have any shopping cart out there.

It's not Joomla that's the issue. I only get logged out when I do something in VirtueMart.

I am using Joomla because that's what the client wants.

Haven't thought about the wrapper. Will have a look now and try it with Zen Cart or something.

It's not Joomla that's the issue. I only get logged out when I do something in VirtueMart.

I am using Joomla because that's what the client wants.

Haven't thought about the wrapper. Will have a look now and try it with Zen Cart or something.

Thats what I suggest doing

I am using virtue mart right now and am going to move over to something else

Probably something more suited for my needs like WHMCS :p

Tried the wrapper with OSCommerse, Cube Cart and Zend Cart. Although I like the idea, there's too many flaws such as Scrollbars, template changes, etc.

Too bad you are stuck with Joomla :(

I've been messing around with Magento for a project and it is absolutely awesome.

Too bad you are stuck with Joomla :(

I've been messing around with Magento for a project and it is absolutely awesome.

I'm not "STUCK" with Joomla! I choose to use it as a matter of preference.
Anyway, issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back