• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just wondering

The only reason why i would say yes to the upgrade, is the security issue, i can't remember what it was, but it shows on the admin panel when you login. Telling you to upgrade to the latest version.

other than that, it's nothing special, only new useful thing they put in was the notice's.

If I remember correctly the latest upgrade was just to give the forum more of a social network feeling.

Yeah, it has that, personally i hate that.
the profile template looks horrid but anyway, check here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268833

it's their Gold release, so that's why they are saying upgrade. There was a security error somewhere though.

i just went and checked the news in the ACP, here is what it is:

A recently-discovered CSRF (cross-site request forgery) vulnerability in vBulletin has required the release of a new version of vBulletin. vBulletin 3.6.10 contains various bug fixes back-ported from vBulletin 3.7.0 but most importantly, includes the fix for the CSRF problem.

The vulnerability potentially allows an administrator to be lured to a third party site that could submit a form on their behalf and without their knowledge, with the potential to damage the forum of which the targeted person is an administrator. Actions performed within the Admin Control Panel are NOT vulnerable to this attack vector and are unaffected by the CSRF vulnerability.

We recommend that all customers running versions of vBulletin older than 3.6.10 upgrade as soon as possible. Those running pre-release versions of vBulletin 3.7.0 should upgrade to the newly-released 3.7.0 Release Candidate 4, which also contains the security fix.

Pending Topic

Hi there!

Im just wondering to know how long do you guys take to "accept" a topic to show on your forum? I mean, Im new to here and as I read your forum rules it says you moderate new topics of new members to check that is not a spam bot.

Well, I'll be waiting ;)

Regards

vBulletin 3.7.1 is out now :)

"Four weeks after the 'gold' release of vBulletin 3.7.0, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. has now released vBulletin 3.7.1, a maintenance release containing the results of the first round of bug fixes and tweaks for the 3.7.x series."

Whats the hold-up?

So have we decided not to upgrade to 3.7?? vBulletin's 3.7 looks awesome, I have used it since beta and have had no issues with it. You really should upgrade to it, I think it would be a HUGE improvement :)

Thats just me though

Comments?

Eh, I don't like the Social networking thing, or the groups.
It could have been better, if anything they should have released it as a different product or as an official addon, so vB would stay simple, and not overly packed and make it kind of useless for sites like this.

Isn't it 3.7.1 now anyway?
I'm sure they released an update

ya 3.7.1 -- was some patch updates.

I agree as a seperate addon. You can disable those addon bits.

How many plugins did you have installed before the upgrade? And how many users do you have ;)

Well depends on the addons, but most, if not all either (a) work flawlessly with 3.7, or (b) have updates.

Users shouldn't matter, as nothing in that aspect actually changed.

If you guys don't want to upgrade to 3.7, why not upgrade to 3.6.8 -- BUG fixes after all.

We will upgrade soon. I've just been very busy over the last couple of weeks and Todd is busy too right now.

Sorry skylar - not quite true, Ive written a few modifications for vB, 4 of which dont work with 3.7 - they have completely overhauled the template structure for certain pages. I could update them, but I dont release them so I see little point.

Anyway, I can't see that fws runs a huge number of modifications so I dont really see the problem. If it were wht it would be a different matter.

I guess the issue is membership size, there might be optimization modifications we can't see. I'd suggest downloaded the database and doing a local trial run to straighten things out:)

I am sure they run it on a test server first before putting it live...
Something 99% of large forums admins would do..

Back