• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

keyboard not working...

Toefur

Two Sheds
NLC
hehe... im using the onscreen keyboard right now... its fun, lol.

anywa... my keyboard just suddenly stopped working,. it does it every now and then.

what could be causing this? its really annoying.

and its not like it suddenly stops... it never does it when im using it. only if i leave it for a bit.. then comre back and it is not working AT ALL.

restarting dosnt fix it, itneeds tpo be totally switched foff and on again.

do you have any pets that could be chewing connections? you may have to replace the keyboard... not sure about it

That happens to my Dad's computer he has win98 and a eMachine which I think it is the bios causing the problem make is it a usb or a ps/2?

This happened to me on an NT machine. To solve it ...remove the keyboard from the pc and then reconnect it. Worked for me anyway.

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
This happened to me on an NT machine. To solve it ...remove the keyboard from the pc and then reconnect it. Worked for me anyway.

Simon
That isn't gonna fix it. Try using different keyboards, if that doesn't work you know you have a software or a motherboard problem. Re-install any drivers that may have to do with your keyboard. If that doesn't work you could have a motherboard problem but that is unlikely anyway answer my question about ps-2 or usb please?

I personally think all the answers have been a little too complex. I feel it's probably just a loose connection, a problem with they keyboard, rather than a problem with the computer itself.

It's a ps2.

The thing is it would be hard to figure out what's wrong; because like I said... it happens very rarely.

Maybe it'll happen three times next week... then it wont happen at all for a few weeks, and so on.

Back