• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Linux vs windows hosting

trueman

Linux vps is mostly cheaper than windows vps. Whether this is the only advantage for linux vps, or there is some more advantages over windows vps ?

The most significant benefit that Linux VPS hosting options have over windows hosting options is being a FOSS (free and open source) application, which means in case if you’re skilled in hosting and server management, by going for Linux VPS hosting, you will be capable of saving some money on the licensing and the product fees. Additionally, when judged against the RDC (remote desktop connection) access that is offered with Windows VPS servers, SSH access offered with the Linux VPS servers is a much more comprehensive experience.

Linux VPS is cheaper because Linux is an open source operating system and Windows is a licensed application. You get same level of privilege and control with both Linux and Windows VPS. Windows is mostly preferred if the applications are ASP, .NET and MSSQL based.

Linux is a very reliable operating system that supports a wide range of applications and programming languages such as PHP, MySQL, Ruby on Rails, and SSH.

However, Windows is an excellent hosting platform option for websites built using Microsoft technologies such as MS Access, ASP, ASP.NET, MS SQL 2005/2008 and many more.

Linux is cheaper as compared to Windows as it is open source Hosting. Also, Linux is more secured from threats then Windows.

Linux is open source operating system while Windows is not an open source and we have to pay for its license.

Linex vs windows hosting

When it comes to Web hosting, Linux has, for some time, been widely considered the best OS for Web servers. It's typically found to be the most reliable, stable and efficient system and, as such, it's commonly used for the demanding environment of Web and mail servers. Indeed, aalphanet.com runs on the Linux OS precisely because of this traditional stability.

If your site, like most web sites, is what might be termed "brochure-ware" then Linux servers are ideal. By brochure-ware I mean a site that offers the kind of information that in the past might have been provided on paper in the form of brochures, newsletters or data sheets. Brochure-ware sites will offer some interaction through enquiry forms and can certainly incorporate online purchasing and other routine e-commerce functions.

Being open source Linux is considered more secured than Windows and also depends on the software requirements of the hosting.

Linux vps is mostly cheaper than windows vps. Whether this is the only advantage for linux vps, or there is some more advantages over windows vps ?

There are not only this advantages.There are many advantages of using Linux VPS hosting over Windows VPS hosting.The most important ones are security and Cost.The Linux VPS web hosting provides more security than Windows.
You can get the Linux VPS hosting with many features at low cost from here they are providing good customer service at 24/7.The servers are 99% uptime.This is the best site for Linux VPS hosting.I have hosted my website here.

Most web hosting service providers offer two kinds of hosting: Linux hosting and Windows hosting. In general, Linux hosting refers to shared hosting, the most popular hosting service in the industry. In fact, most of the websites are now hosted using Linux hosting due to its affordable price and flexibility. Linux hosting is compatible with PHP and MySQL, which supports scripts such as WordPress, Zen Cart, and phpBB. Windows hosting, on the other hand, uses Windows as the servers' operating system and offers Windows-specific technologies such as ASP, .NET, Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL server (MSSQL).

Web hosting

Enterprises choose managed hosting for a variety of reasons that makes managed hosting a profitable entity. If we see a situation wherever organizations choose managed hosting for their businesses, one issue are often noticed that they might begin benefiting from the very beginning as managed hosting brings on well-managed data centers, economical server configuration, trained professionals, 24x7 client supports and much more.

I prefer linux hosting. It's faster and it's used by most of the control panels such as CPanel, Direct Admin and so on.
You can also use SSH Access to edit some stuff.
I've always used it and I think it's really good.

Back