• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Linux VS Windows upon hosting

Edison Thomas

Generally, From the point of the demand , stability ,operability, safety, cost-effective to tell you which OS is suitable for you.

Please allow me to begin with demand,it depends on your website selected language.if your website is asp, you do not hesitate to choose Windows as Linux does not support asp series of language.if your website is PHP language ,I recommendLiunx.The combination of Linux + Apche + Mysql running PHP web framework can be more efficient andstable than window.Furthermore Linux also supports zend acceleration,which make your website run more smoothly.That’s why I recommend Linux.

After that,I continue to talk about stability.The stability of the host is critical ,which matters survival and development of your website.Provided that stability is not good enough , it can affect the user's accessas well as affect the optimization of the site, resulting in rankings down.So the user is to get bad.Generally speaking , Linux stability is better than Windows.For Linux is open source , there are few loopholes on linux.Your website will meet rarely Network attacks. Then Windows graphical interface requires a lot of resources from your server hosting.Linux system remove the burden of a graphical interface utilising computer instruction code , the system run faster.With configuration changes , window usually need to be restarted , which leads to the inevitable downtime.While Linux usually do not need to restart as Linux finish new configuration in the system that is running Change.That is reason why Linux does not affect other unrelated services.Therefore , Liunx is more stable.

The next is operability.With popularity ofgraphical interface of Windows systems,Everyone are familiar with them.However,If you want to manage Linux server,you have to use a bunch of command code to realize the goals of managing linux sever.So in terms of operability,it is difficult for non-tech guys to manage server.

OK,Let’s move on safety of sever hosting

From the number of loopholes , Linux is an open source development approach that help to find bugsas well as get together all the wisdom to solve the problem.This is that Windows host does not have the advantage. Linux system also has its own shortcomings which the ally manufacturers of develop hardware and associated driversare generally directed to the Windows system,which result in Linux hardware low compatibility. Linux is mainly used as the operating system of supporting network function , the default installation can start a lot of unnecessary network applications , which may result in security vulnerabilities.

Linux access distribution is very meticulous , rigorous and independent of the various usersso security is better.

Finally Cost

From this point of view , I suppose Linux 's advantage is obvious.Because Linux as a resource management and operating system, is open source and free.The Windows servershould be charged accordingly.Surely,some software from Windows which is charged. Therefore , the cost of Windows server will be much higher than Linux. So now obviously , Linux space is more advantageous.But it is only able to run pure static html or php website. So if your website uses only php language,then choose Linux space it is very good.In terms of safety and performance , Linux is better than windows.Anyway,Provided that website is asp or .net series, then choose windows host it.

I am Edison Thomas from https://www.vpb.com/?fuid=284

I would say linux is for fast,secured and reliable to control all the CPU resources and h/w resources.& the main feature is LAMP (LINUX,APACHE,MARIADB/MYSQL, AND PHP/PERL/PYTHON) is a combination of software and server technologies.& also optimal solutions to web hosting within limited budget.

Back