• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a technician. List your credentials..

NC_TOM

I can get u banned.
Hi,

I'm looking for a technician or two to help out with .. a certain web hosting company .. that I'm setting up. I need someone with the following knowledge and experience:

Configuring RedHat Linux
Knowing your way around the OS via SSH
Install software and modules
Security-related knowledge
I'll repeat, gotta know what you're doing with the server through SSH
Must have ICQ, MSN, or AIM
Must be on ICQ, MSN, or AIM at least a few hours per day (4:00-10:00 Pacific time preferred)
Must be friendly and English-fluent
Must be flexible enough to do things the way I want, but bold enough to suggest a better solution.

I will pay based on the amount of work done. Pay will be done on a per-assignment basis.

Please list what you know about administering a Linux server and any additional experience that you have. Also please list your e-mail and ICQ/MSN/AIM username. You can PM me about this if you'd prefer.

This is a serious business opportunity, so please list a time of day at which I can normally find you online for discussion.

Thanks!

EDIT: I'll be out of town for the weekend so give me a few days to reply. :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by roly
What will we have to do via SSH if we volentier?

As I stated above, various server configuration, module installs, software installs. Security fixes, etc. as well.

Yep. Looks like netcabins is back. [this time in the right direction] :cool:

I suppose I could do some minor installations [after all, how hard could it be to use rpm? :confused2]

EDIT:

I also don't need any cash, just references if anything.

Last edited:
is netcabins going to be back? I was just wondering. Also i am not good at linux but i would like to help out in any way.

BTW i dont need money as long as i get good hosting, and a few suggestions for what i could do:

1. moniter peoples accounts.
2. reply to emails
3. Be a lazy @$$hole and do nothing

Yes NetCabins will be coming back with your help. Everyone please avoid bugging me about the opening day. It'll be ready as soon as possible; that's all that I can say about the opening time.

My programmers and my server admin have been disgustingly slow in their service for me for the last few weeks. Beta testing should have started 2 weeks ago but my programmers cannot even log into the server yet because my server provider did not check the server out himself after setting everything up. :angry2:

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll contact you if/when I need your assistance.

xpfreak: Can I have your ICQ/MSN/AIM/Email plz? Feel free to PM me if you prefer with that info.

Back