• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for some specific things.

sparkypsyco

Additional features are just things I'm thinking about and would pay extra for, but am not for sure going to get (would be nice if the host had them though). All of my domains point to ns1.mydomain.com and n2.mydomain.com so I need to make sure that I can simply change the IP addresses in my GoDaddy info.

Required Features:
- cPanel, I hate all other control panels.
- Catch-all email/unlimited forwarders. Something that will let me set up virtual emails (all emails forwarded to a PHP script for processing).
- No outgoing email limits. I understand the reason behind email limits, but I despise the limitation of outgoing email.
- The basics: PHP 5+, unlimited MySQL databases and users, phpMyAdmin (on a port instead of /phpmyadmin if at all possible), Apache Rewrite and Auth modules +.htaccess, unlimited FTP accounts.
- SSL/https access (would be nice if host offered discounted SSL certificates).
- Unlimited addon/parked domains.
- Wildcard subdomains (*.domain.com).
- SSH access to make symbolic links between folders would be nice.

Additional Features:
- SSL Certificated
- Dedicated IPs
- Affiliate Programs are always a plus

As you can see, I have specific features that I plan on utilizing in the future of my website. I don't use all that extra stuff like Fantastico. Stats programs can be handy but truthfully I doubt I'll look a them often. I build things just to prove that I can do it and then implement it into my website somehow. I don't plan on my website taking off and getting a million viewers per day, but I always build my features to be the fastest they can be and allow for infinite expansion.

I'm not looking for a reseller package, just a regular hosting package preferably on a pay-per-month basis. I don't have space/bandwidth requirements.

I currently use a VPS which has been having a lot of problems. I recently realized that I really don't need a VPS because I don't run the game server that I originally bought the VPS for anymore, and I'm definitely sick of handling all the server functions with it. Looking more for someone reliable and more private around the area of $30/month at most, but I'll always consider cheaper plans and I'll definitely consider more expensive plans because I always believed in the range system of hosting services (I'm not going to explain it to those of you who don't know about it).

You mentioned no limit for outgoing mail. Do you take hosts that have a limit of how many emails you can send per hour and not generally a fixed email sending limit?

Hmm, I guess I could have been more specific with that. A few hosts I've run across limit the number of emails a specific email address on the system can send per day, like noreply@domain.com could only send 500 emails per day, while noreply2@domain.com could also send 500 emails per day. I understand why some people would do that, but that is definitely not something I want to build my website around. I'm ok with a total number of emails per hour among all email accounts, because I would only ever use noreply@domain.com to send emails. The virtual accounts would only be able to receive email, not send it out.

How much space and bandwidth are you looking for? And how much were you looking for your budget costs.

I'm really just looking to see what hosts are out there with the features I need. Space and bandwidth are not really an issue with me. I don't upload huge images and videos with my website and I don't plan on allowing my users to do it either. All the files for the pages I've built so far only add up to about 10-15MB so really all I'm interested in is the bandwidth and whatever space comes with it. Like I sort of stated before, I'm all about optimization and making things run fast and smooth. My current VPS plan has 500GB of bandwidth and I've never seen it get past 1% usage each month, so I'd say 50GB bandwidth would be around the target I'm looking at.

So basically you thought that it would be best to change to shared hosting instead of vps. Well my hosting website http://srvdhosting.com has
5 GB space
50 GB Bandwidth
1000 of each feature (i.e. email, domain stuff, databases)
Cpanel

That is offered at $2.99 per month if you like.

I'll still be interested in knowing about your estimated budget .
I believe we could get stuff working , but I need to be aware of your budget first .
I have limited resources and have to be careful with them . And for the catch-all email address , that's one of the default features of cpanel which I never disable , so your php script shall run as long as it is not a resource inefficient script that munches on your ram .

Besides , even as I don't limit your email sending , if you misuse or overuse this service , then I might not be interested in being marked and banned as a spammer for just a few dollars .
So thoughtful use of the services is expected if you are to be interested in my services .

Please also note I'm offering you a cpanel/whm reseller or master reseller with such features and not a vps .

Pm me if you feel you're not gonna misuse the server resources and the email system , so also wouldn't mind being run on a reseller

Hmm, I guess I could have been more specific with that. A few hosts I've run across limit the number of emails a specific email address on the system can send per day, like noreply@domain.com could only send 500 emails per day, while noreply2@domain.com could also send 500 emails per day. I understand why some people would do that, but that is definitely not something I want to build my website around. I'm ok with a total number of emails per hour among all email accounts, because I would only ever use noreply@domain.com to send emails. The virtual accounts would only be able to receive email, not send it out.
To clarify, you are fine with a fix limit of outgoing emails per hour and not per day?
For example we allow a limit of 200 emails per hour for each hosting account. Will that be fine for your requirements?

I am trying to get my team sponsor also I am wondering how can I get a web site with a control panel .The site is just for my team with a forum so people can post is their someone that can build it for me send me a email at fonsyv@yahoo.com thanks guys

So basically you thought that it would be best to change to shared hosting instead of vps. Well my hosting website http://srvdhosting.com has
5 GB space
50 GB Bandwidth
1000 of each feature (i.e. email, domain stuff, databases)
Cpanel

That is offered at $2.99 per month if you like.

I don't see any package with one thousand features on your site.

www.HighLayer.com | Shared Web Hosting Plan

Hello sparkypsyco, we would like to offer you our following shared hosting plan:

Layer 01
•••••••••
Unlimited Domains & MySQL Databases

» RAID-10 Protected Storage: 5 GB
» Premium Data Transfer: 50 GB
» Latest cPanel - Fantastico De Luxe - RVSiteBuilder Pro - FFmpeg Hosting - Daily Backups
» 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 24/7 Support

Only $9.95/Month & Instant Setup!
Learn More l Order Now

Please note, we have a limit of 500 emails/hour. We can provide custom nameservers, for example ns1.mydomain.com and n2.mydomain.com. Wildcard subdomains (*.domain.com) can be setup as well. Also, we could enable jailed ssh access after you provide us a copy of your valid photo ID. If you would like to install a SSL Certificate, we can provide a dedicated IP for $2.00/month.

Please take a look at my offer below,

Shared2

--- Dedicated Ip's are available at extra cost as add-on.
--- SSL Certificates are available at extra cost.
--- Affiliate program is also available.

Our Promises:
  • 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed.
  • Fast Reply Support Guaranteed.
  • Reliable Web Host Guaranteed.
  • 15-day money back Guaranteed.

Limitation:
We have outgoing sending email limit (200/hour). SSH access is also limited.

Please check what serverpoint can offer you:
# 50GBs of web space
# RAID protected web space
# 3,500GBs of data transfer
# 350 reliable email addresses
# Anti-spam/virus protected email
# SSH, FTP, SFTP and SCP access
# CGI, PHP and MySQL
# Up to 5 domains/web sites!
$6.97/mo
Please feel free to contact me if you have any question.

Back