• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking to power up..

Sam2000

Eh i'm looking to buy some new memory for my other desktop computer that I plan to rebuild and turn into a hell-machine. I'm not sure about how many pins I need..

Its a Compaq Presario 80OUS [Old, I know] Running on a Celeron 2001 processor. (Shed tears for this weak computer)

I plan to attach some external parts like a DVD/CD-RW drive and probably a Seagate usb hard drive.

But i'm looking for 256MB Memory too.

Anything else I might need?

Well, what do you plan on doing? You might aswell buy a new pc. =P You can pick up parts pretty cheap these days if you keep the case and the PSU.

Hmmm - I can try and help just give me the exact model and I can tell you what you can upgrade and what the limits are.

Okay,

Well this is a hard one to say, without knowing the mother boards specs etc. However is there ram already on this board? if so look at the name of it and post it, were be able to tell you more about it.

Well. I kinda left this computer alone for a long time.
So i'm a bit unsure about most things.

Its has 128 RAM (i'm already aware that I need to upgrade it to 256 or 512[best])

A Celeron 2001 Processor.

Anything else?

Oh yeah. 2 lame disk partions..16.2GB C partion and D partion of like..2.32GB.

4 USB Ports

Anything else?

Okay open the case and look at the ram stick thats in it, it will tell you on a sticker what the clock speed is on it pc3200 etc something like this. let us know.

Feel free to IM me if you want faster responses.

Back