• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LxLabs Owner Dies

I heard it on Webhosting Talk but I can't find it now. Guessing it was deleted :(

But, as I said. It is sad to hear what happened and I am guessing it happened as a mixture of things which then pushed him over the edge with the "hacking". I wishes goes out to his father.

This is a great loss to the software development industry and the demise of such a talented programmer will not be forgotten easily.

RIP Friend!

OMG.... I'm really sorry to hear that.....

I wonder why he did that? I mean, he had a great company...

If the reason behind the suicide is that anti-Christ thing, it doesn't really make sense... neither does "following his mother and sister"... especially, if the reason is simply "lonely"...

Maybe it's not a suicide... Perhaps a murder? Since the only witness is the Sheenu guy...

Does anyone think the same? For me, it just doesn't make sense...

it doesn't help that the article wasn't written that well.

It has been deleted sadly.

However, if I remember correctly from memory, they hacked the root password a while before they carried out the attack. Also, it said something about selling the clients e-mail.

I will see if I can get another copy of it from cache, but it was copied from WHT.

Hopefully the hackers feel guilty about this.

I bet they're from 3rd world. This may be me being steriotypical, but they do make live a misery for their own false beliefs.

/my rant over.

a VPS provider wont admit to their clients that their insecure passwords where at fault but it seems highly more likely than the whole of hypervm being able to be hacked everywhere.

Let's worry about something more relevant, wtf is going to happen to hypervm now the owners dead?

a VPS provider wont admit to their clients that their insecure passwords where at fault but it seems highly more likely than the whole of hypervm being able to be hacked everywhere.

Let's worry about something more relevant, wtf is going to happen to hypervm now the owners dead?

Going along the knowledge of that Ligesh was the sole owner and operator of HyperVM, I'm going to say it's going to die.

If he was the only one to have access to it, that is. The last month or so he hired a couple support people, one of them posted on the lxlabs forum stating that they have no idea what will happen to hypervm, and that they would give us an update when available, or something of the sort.

To be honest, with the way it is now, it's unsafe to use it.

We switched to VDSManager, and I'm hearing promising things about SolusVM, which, might become the new hypervm.

Back