• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MacPro Realeses and OS X Lepoard preview

Matsta

Steve Jobs took the stage today, at the annual World Wide Developer's conference in California. Amidst with talks of Apple's increased market share and previews of new Leopard, Jobs announced the Intel transition is now complete.

The new Mac Pro will replace the G5 with two of the more power conscious Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors codenamed "Woodcrest" ranging from 2-3Ghz, can support up to 16GB of RAM and up to four Nvidia GeForce 7300GT 256MB all encased in a modified version of the current G5 enclosure, with all new internal design.

With the lower operational temperature, Apple was able to remove some cooling fans and add a second optical drive, and space for up to 4 internal hard drives.

Currently, the base line Mac Pro comes equipped with:
Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors
4MB shared L2 cache per processor
1.33GHz dual independent frontside buses
1GB memory (667MHz DDR2 fully-buffered DIMM ECC)
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics with 256MB memory
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7200-rpm hard drive
16x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Apple claims they are shipping starting today, with a price tag of $2,499 (US). Any other configuration requires Build-to-order, but this may change as availability increases.
index_sideopen20060807.png
designgallery20060807.png

Lol when did you buy it, we brought a powerbook a month before the macbook pro came out though idont really want intel until photoshop is out on it :D

Bought it 2 weeks ago.

Also, I watched the keynote. It was smart not giving away those "top secret" new features just yet. It was even smarter to release Leopard around the time that Vista comes out, because those "top secret" features couldn't be stolen in time.

As long as Leopard has updates for finder and is PPC compatible (which it was stated that it is) I am happy.

My question is, will Leopard come with iLife 06, or possibly 07 or do I still need to pay to upgrade that from 05 which I am still using?

Back