• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

*Managed* Free Hosting

webgod2001

Hi All,

Here at Asp2.Net we started off as a free host, placing ads on pages, but as advertising revenue dropped and dropped, we were forced to suspend the free hosting service and develop a paid host. (Some of you may renember the good old days of VWWW.NET and its 100% uptime!)

Well, for 2002 we'd really like to go back to our roots, offering premier class free hosting services.

To do this, we must make a charge "a charge for free hosting??" I hear you all cry. Well, yes, because this is unlike any other free host. We're talking MANAGED free hosting. Heres the deal:

Many free hosts can make promises of excellent service, which then gets worse as more and more users sign up, slowing the system down.

Many free hosts then cannot afford to expand their systems, but so what - "you get what you pay for" as many say

Many fee hosts close down or "suspend their service". Oh dear.

With Asp2.Net's new MANAGED free hosting, you get an uptime guarentee (99.79%avr), a REAL virtual server with control panel, lifetime FREE tech support and FREE domain hosting and NO ADS, which will go nicely with your:
50Mb of web space (upgradable!)
5Gb of bandwidth/month (upgradable!)
PHP, CGI, Perl, FTP, Frontpage
20 POP Mailboxes
20 Mail forwarders/autoresponders

All for just £10 or $14 a YEAR. Yes, thats less than $1.20 a month and less than 84 pence per month for business class hosting and free tech support.

You can sign up with your Visa, Mastercard, Switch, Solo or Delta card, so you can get running instantly!

Interested? Not many places will be available on the scheme, so reply to this post with any questions you may have so that when the service opens you'll be first in the line!

Sit tight, the revolution is coming..

~Jerome Everall
Asp2.Net Support

Hi Venomx,

In the service, you are paying for the QUALITY of the service, and not the service itself. We could easily cobrand with CommunityArchitect or Portland in order to offer free free hosting, but that would either give you loads of adverts on pages, or worse, terrible server speeds.

With the managed hosting package, you will own a real virtual server located in the RackShack datacenter, Texas.

When you think about it, it's a low price to pay - I could probably wander around the streets or a shopping center and pick up 84p per month off the floor ;)

~Jerome Everall
Asp2.Net Hosting Services

Hey Stu,

I dont think that we'll be supporting SSH. The features we support all depend on what we charge.

If we charge £15, $20 a year, we can go with Donhost, give out 150Mb of space per user and 5Gb of bandwidth.

If we charge £10, $15 per year, we go with a cobalt RaQ, give out 50Mb of space and 3Gb of bandwidth.

It all depends what people will pay, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

~Jerome Everall

Last edited:
OR...We could just return to being what we used to be - one of the best free hosts.

Then we could give out 10Mb free accounts with banner ads, or charge £10/$15 a year for a space upgrade and bannerless pages.

Please throw ideas at me, input from the target market is very important in decisions like this!

~Jerome Everall

My dream pay host, or so..

Over 10 GB
500Mb Storage
A plentifull amount of subdomains
Same with MySQL DB(that run off of your site's storage)
PHP and MYSQL
PERL/Cgi/SSI
Unix or FreeBSD server
For less than 80 a year, and then again, I am dreaming..

Well .. if i was in good mood .. i could setup server now and give you what you want for $80 p/a.

But i wont .. .cos i'm not finished with the CP.

And i'll be offering Windows Hosting first

plans (' hopefully , all going well ')

Web Space Amount : 25 MB
Data-transfer Amount per month : 1000 MB
POP3 Mail Box accounts : 5
Auto-Responders : 5
E-mail Forwarding Accounts : 10
Catch all e-mail system : YES
ASP 3 Scripting Support : YES
PHP 4 Scripting Support : YES
Perl 5 Scripting Support : YES
MySQL databases : 2