• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[merged] Offical X-mas thread

Offical X-mas thread

I can't believe 3 nites before x-mas and noone has started a x-mas thread :confused2 . Is eveyone looking forward to the whole x-mas?, or do must ppl hate the family thing?. oh yeah, Merry X-mas to all!!! :D

Merry Christmas fuzzy :santa: :birthday:

I am still a bit busy with last minute stuff, but no doubt I will be finished by Wednesday :p If not, it can wait till next Christmas which isn't too far away :madchrist

Am I loking forward to Christmas? Sure... but I'm not excited about doing my shopping.

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet... this should be fun. :rolleyes:

Don't you love it when they say "Merry X-mas"...deleting the whole point?

Yes Zoobie, I noticed that also.

Which reminds me I gotta go do some shopping tomorrow, I hope the wife didn't wear the magnetic strip off my card. :mad2:

Originally posted by sonichost.net

Which reminds me I gotta go do some shopping tomorrow, I hope the wife didn't wear the magnetic strip off my card. :mad2:

Me too...

Originally posted by zoobie
Don't you love it when they say "Merry X-mas"...deleting the whole point? :rolleyes:

They're not really "deleting" any thing. Xmas is just an old abreviation that stems from the greek language. The first letter of the Greek word for "Christ" is Chi, which looks like an X.

Source

looks like everyone isnt' looking forward to the shopping thing. That was interesting about the Greek shortcut, i thought i was just one of those english shortcuts.
Well i've got all my x-mas shopping, the christmas holidays should almost be renamed 'shopping before the rest of the world stops'.
:madchrist

Originally posted by Fuzzylogic
the christmas holidays should almost be renamed 'shopping before the rest of the world stops'.
Ugh, please no more talk of changing the name of Christmas.
I've heard enough of that garbage already this year. :rolleyes:

Let's make it all politically correct and celebrate giving and receiving presents...no matter what significant date it is. And call it something othere than Christmas.

As for X-mas, I think it should only be used on signs and what not as an abbr. Defnitely no need to verbally use it, or type on a message board.

And all my shopping is done...did it all at one store, the store I work at, and get a 10% discount at...(at least I don't work in fast food).

Originally posted by Rodie
The first letter of the Greek word for "Christ" is Chi, which looks like an X.

Quite a stretch I'd say...a true urban legend...up there with the aligators in the sewers of NYC.

The first letter of the Hawaiian word for "Christ" is ah-oi which looks like a telephone pole...so, I'm going with Merry T-mas. :cool:

Back