• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mixed file extensions and SEO?

sander k

NLC
Hello guys,

I am working on a new websie project and about half of my pages are written in PHP and the other half in HTML.

Does that matters with the internal SEO of the site?

Hmm... well I wouldn't think so. If you're weary, just change the extension to to PHP.

I think I should. There are so many so called "experts" on FWS, but none of them replies here.
I guess no one has tested this in the past.

What a great experience of mixing HTML's and PHP. I suggest i think make url's according to pages than SEO is more efficient for this site.

As per my experience, So far as you are having static URL structure, you won't face any critical problem, But If your PHP pages are having dynamic URL (ie. using =,?,&,UID=numbers). Then you have to take care of those URLs. Try to make URLs meaningful using page subjective structure.

its just like submit.PHP and rules.HTML
nothing weird about it, they are both getting indexed by Google now, so it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Mixed file extensions and SEO

From my point of view you should use only one scripting language for your website as it will help in a better uplift of the website.

I don't think it makes any difference, but I would agree that consistency is preferable. The main thing is that the page name is meaningful, and preferably using hyphens: page-about-elephants.php for instance.

Back