• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Modding laptop

Dynash

It gets better.
NLC
Hey!

I've started modding my laptop and I'm nearly done, but I have one problem.

I'm modding my VAIO and there's a REALLY huge gap between the monitor case and the monitor. It's roughly a centimeter. I'll take photos another time. But I'm up to the O and because of this gap, I don't know how to cut it. I have this idea:

vaio.jpg

Foam
Filler
Thin glass
Case
Monitor

Now bear in mind it's not a huge area to "block", you'll see when I show you the actual pic of it. But it's just the how to do it. The terms of foam, I thought would be easier just as a cushion to separate the filler from the monitor, wouldn't be much risk in using it I would assume?

In terms of the filler, I was thinking something like a gel that is clear, dries clear, isn't obtrusive or highly noticeable but is usable (And doesn't weigh alot). I was going to glue the glass to this gel, by pressing it from the underside of the case, to the outside - smoothing it from the VAIO logo (As this had a slight indent but now that it's carved out it's about 3-4mm thick) and smoothing it in the inside as close to the case as possible. So the glass has an even surface to rest on and so the outside is also smooth and flat. I have the glue for this, I already used it and it works wonders. Just not sure on glass but the label says so. (And with that said this is where the O comes into play, I was planning on sticking the cut out center onto this gel also (Once its rested on the glass, hence the glass.)

Anyone know of any gels that are suitable for this kind of job?

Back