• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Money back question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheffy

I have something to ask u guys and realy hope u can help me out.
I have order a VPS but i dont like the VPS i have many problems cant even login with WinSCP3 sometimes ect..
So i wanne to have my money back the reply we cant give the money back because u have use the server.
So wanne know it this right or just a lame act from the company.
I have payed over 350 euro for one year .

Does the company that you went with have a money back guarantee? If they have this guarantee then they should issue you with a full refund unless you have went over this time period.

The company name is cloudnext.com now they have suspend my account and still i cant get my money back .
Ticket what i send get delete right away .
So dont trust cloudnext.com realy over more then 350 Euro gone .

Why have they suspended your account? theres gotta be more to this story..

If there terms say no refunds on virtual/dedicated servers like most do then you wont get anything back, if they did and your suspended you wont get anything back. No host is going to refund you when you break the rules they have in place.

So i guess the new question should be why are you suspended?

From the terms of service:

4.1 All Fees for Services are payable in advance and are non-refundable;
4.5 Cloud Next will suspend access to an account which: (i) contains invalid or fraudulent details; (ii) initiates a credit/ debit card chargeback.

They say that they don't give money back .. can you explain what you did to get it back ?

Well since the start i had many problems with company .
But any way told them that i have done nothing wrong and if they didnt give me my money back i will get in contact with my judge .

No respectable business would suspend/close someone's account without giving them a refund.

Nice to hear your issue was resolved Cheffy.

I'm sorry, a client hosts illegal files, spams millions of people. gets your network blacklisted. And you would give the person money back and then deal with the damages yourself?

That host would not survive long in the industry. If a host broke a rule that was of a small magnitude, I could see a prorated refund. But an large issue the host is entitled to the money as compensation for damages.

Well since the start i had many problems with company .
But any way told them that i have done nothing wrong and if they didn't give me my money back i will get in contact with my judge .

So essentially you scared them with impractical comments (you don't contact a judge but a lawyer, who would charge you $20-500/hr to deal with paperwork).

I am glad you got your refund, let this be a learning lesson :), next time review, ask questions, review, then purchase :).

I'm sorry, a client hosts illegal files, spams millions of people. gets your network blacklisted. And you would give the person money back and then deal with the damages yourself?

That host would not survive long in the industry. If a host broke a rule that was of a small magnitude, I could see a prorated refund. But an large issue the host is entitled to the money as compensation for damages.
The host isn't judge and jury - it's not up to them to decide how much compensation they "deserve". If someone has paid ahead, that should be refunded.

I am glad you got your refund, let this be a learning lesson :), next time review, ask questions, review, then purchase :).

Also read through the TOS carefully. You have paid for an yearly hosting plan with out even reading about the money back/refund policy. So take this as a lesson and do the intense research before sign up with another host as LSComputers said.

The host isn't judge and jury - it's not up to them to decide how much compensation they "deserve". If someone has paid ahead, that should be refunded.

You are right, they are not "judge and jury" however if a client paid for a service and has done something illegal it voids any refunds, thats a plain and simple concept.

You purchase a product from a store, it comes with a warranty if not opened, you open it. You void the warranty no money back.

You purchase a server, it says we refund if rules not broken, you break them, money not refundable.

Its the same concept. I understand your not a host, your a client so you would want your money back, but think of it as a business stand point. Your not going to refund every client who abuses your rules. You would be bankrupt from legal troubles.

Even more plain and simple, if a terms of service says no refunds as this TOS for the company said, its your SOL, theres no way taking it to court would ever fix that, plus on top they suspended the service (must been for a good reason) the judge would simply say claim denied, and now pay there legal fees. Theres no arguing that point no matter who you are, a TOS is a legal binding contract when you purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back