• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

muttle.com has no ftp?

But i hope soon. Muttle is a good host but without FTP, not many will join. I mean as users for MUttle's co-branders. I have a co-brand Muttle site too but no one wants to join because there is no FTP.:( . SO i will promote once Muttle has FTP.

People are so stupid these days. FTP should not be expected in a free host. My strong belief is that if you want FTP or scripting languages of any kind, get paid hosting! :angry2:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
People are so stupid these days. FTP should not be expected in a free host. My strong belief is that if you want FTP or scripting languages of any kind, get paid hosting! :angry2:
Might as well say "if you have no cash, don't dream about running a website"

Originally posted by trenzterra
Might as well say "if you have no cash, don't dream about running a website"

The fact is that FTP is NOT necessary to any web designer. If you are TRULY a webmaster, you can live without FTP. Unless you want to host big files (usually warez), have a lot of files (say, at least 500), or work with scripting languages (should only be expected in a paid host), the other people that think they need FTP are not legitimate webmasters in my opinion.

Ummmmm....how do you upload files without FTP? Can someone answer me that? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jan
Ummmmm....how do you upload files without FTP? Can someone answer me that? :rolleyes:
browser uploading.

Well it would be difficult to upload files for me as I have 2+ mb files and many files.

Thanks to the nature of my site, I can get my site hosted by sourceforge in case no one wants to host me.

Sourceforge isn't likely to close down free hosting I hope

And these free hosts have control panel? Browser uploading require FTP if I am not mistaken and looking at my control panel it is still FTP. :bandit2:

You dont have to call me stupid for asking FTP. Atleast if Muttle has a better browser upload thingy, i wont complain. I understand that you have that patience to upload by browser but how can i upload about 200 files by browser? To my opinion, FTP is a must when it comes to building a website. Browser uploads would suit people like you.

Originally posted by darkcurves
You dont have to call me stupid for asking FTP. Atleast if Muttle has a better browser upload thingy, i wont complain. I understand that you have that patience to upload by browser but how can i upload about 200 files by browser? To my opinion, FTP is a must when it comes to building a website. Browser uploads would suit people like you.

I meant stupid in the way that people expect too much. If FTP is really a must when it comes to building a website, then get paid hosting. It's that simple. I am not against FTP; I am only sick and tired of hearing people complaining because a FREE host does not have FTP. It's as if they are expected to do so.

Originally posted by Jan
And these free hosts have control panel? Browser uploading require FTP if I am not mistaken and looking at my control panel it is still FTP. :bandit2:

No, I never said that these free hosts have CPs, but you only asked about the alternatives to FTP. The fact is, you don't need any FTP program to do browser uploading. Maybe on the server side, some FTP is involved, but on the user-end, no FTP is required.

I meant stupid in the way that people expect too much. If FTP is really a must when it comes to building a website, then get paid hosting. It's that simple. I am not against FTP; I am only sick and tired of hearing people complaining because a FREE host does not have FTP. It's as if they are expected to do so.

Wasn't FTP a normal feature even from the early days of free web hosting?

That's what I thought, you still have to enter FTP details in order to upload, so saying that a host doesn't have FTP is incorrect to a certain extent. Maybe not the the FTP that people want, but it is still there.

Originally posted by darkcurves
Wasn't FTP a normal feature even from the early days of free web hosting?

Yeah, it was, but that's besides the point. I am only saying that people shouldn't complain about the lack of FTP because they're not paying for it. If they really want FTP, go pay for it. Don't expect anything from a free host.

Originally posted by Cracker
I once uploaded 1089 files by browser.

Oh yeah, with cable connection. I am still on 56K and the service here sucks. If i have ADSL, there wont be any complain from me. But Muttle really gotta change his file manager. I can't delete all my files at a time, instead one by one. 1089 files, so have to click on button 1089 times.

Originally posted by Cracker
I once uploaded 1089 files by browser.

That must be hard.

But I understands darkcurves position, because Malaysia ISPs are slow, thus browser uploads are not an option.

Back