• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My FWS public apology...

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
I'd say a good percent of my posts from a few years back said things like "Microsoft is better" "Linux sucks" etc etc bla bla. Although many of my core opinions remain the same I am publicily admitting that I am now a Mac user and apologizing for my now, hypocritcal statements.

Never feel too strongly about insignificant shit cause when you change your mind you'll regret it.

Mmm, macs are sexy...

You know ... i thought that about 3 months ago. But they dont. Try a OSX machine. just try it.

Dean said:
You know ... i thought that about 3 months ago. But they dont. Try a OSX machine. just try it.

I have. A whole day with an iBook. I much prefer my Windows fuzzylogic :biggrin2:

Mac's are good for video editing... That's about it... Oh yeah, and they look nice, but so does alienware.

PC's are just as good for Photoshopping/Image editing I have found with my experience over the years.

Dean said:

hmm, i think i will, my school recently got about 8 macs.

They all have their uses.

I love Macs, but I couldn't do without a PC. It's the same reason I use both Linux and Windows.

Not one is the best at everythign.

Eh, I still develop for windows and even linux quite a bit at work these days but between the all Operating Systems I've used after about a month of using my Powerbook I much prefer OS X over windows, I can't really compare it to Linux, I use that for an entirely different purpose, that's just preference though, doesn't mean it is better.

You can't say that after spending just a day on OS X you don't like it though, if you had someone who had never used OSX or Windows only use one for a day it is a lot easier to get stuff done on a Mac. Everything is self-explanitory. It took me a month to fill like I knew what I was doing, I am still clueless when it comes to certain things but I absolutely love it so far.

I'd say I'm a full convert, I know I will never buy a PC for myself again for personal use or for Professional Media use (I do a lot of DJ'ing, recording for bands and live sound) to me it just works better for those purposes

Blitz-Host said:
did u know mac are stopping making there own OS and using a windows based OS now?
No, and I don't think Apple did either. :rolleyes:

Apple is moving their Macs over to the x86 architecture from the current PowerPC architecture.

This has nothing to do with Windows. Mac OS has always been a UNIX-based OS and will continue to be such.

guitarnerd said:
You can't say that after spending just a day on OS X you don't like it though, if you had someone who had never used OSX or Windows only use one for a day it is a lot easier to get stuff done on a Mac. Everything is self-explanitory. It took me a month to fill like I knew what I was doing, I am still clueless when it comes to certain things but I absolutely love it so far.
This is why many people say they don't like Macs. They're too used to Windows. Of course Mac OS is going to be different, that's to be expected. I do think it is more user friendly as well, but if you're coming from Windows it'll take a bit of time to adapt.

I'd say I'm a full convert, I know I will never buy a PC for myself again for personal use or for Professional Media use (I do a lot of DJ'ing, recording for bands and live sound) to me it just works better for those purposes
I somewhat agree with this, but Macs just aren't for gaming. That's the one area where PCs/Windows shines, and is the maine reason I have one.

The other big factor is cost. Macs are always going to cost more than an equivalent PC because they are more proprietary. They are worth the money if you can afford it though.

Bruce said:
This is why many people say they don't like Macs. They're too used to Windows. Of course Mac OS is going to be different, that's to be expected. I do think it is more user friendly as well, but if you're coming from Windows it'll take a bit of time to adapt.

I totally agree. When one of my friends saw the macs, they said 'Why do they have macs? PCs are so much easier to use'

I call it ignorance oldman2

Blitz-Host said:
did u know mac are stopping making there own OS and using a windows based OS now?

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day...

And if that is your interpretation of what Apple switching to x86 means then yes, I was fully aware, however, I needed a laptop and I didn't want to get another Windows machine so I decided I would be safe with still getting a PowerPC and thus far it is looking to be true.

The way things are shaping up my powerbook (1gig memory, 1.67ghz processor, 128mb vram) will stay the top of the line until the intel machines come out, there might be some small updates but this way my powerbook is actually retaining it's value longer than if they weren't making the big switch.

Anyhow, I will be waiting for the x86 machines to come up before I replace my desktop, I can't wait to see what x86 is capable of with OSX

Why are you asking for forgiveness from random people you don't even know? Is it just a front for your Mac vs PC thread? I think SO!!! :) I'm sure nobody really remembers that you said PC was the best years ago, and I'm also sure nobody would have found out about your change of heart.

striker said:
Why are you asking for forgiveness from random people you don't even know? Is it just a front for your Mac vs PC thread? I think SO!!! :) I'm sure nobody really remembers that you said PC was the best years ago, and I'm also sure nobody would have found out about your change of heart.

No I was quite rude to other members about Windows being better than Linux...here are some examples

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49258
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41468
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36350
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34181

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28177

That last one doesn't really have anything to do with Windows, but it reminded me of the days when our fellow gay FWS patron was roaming around...man if our debate threads never got closed we would be putting "The Longest Thread Ever" to shame

EDIT: I also just realized, and this should go to show I'm sincerely apologizing my "Sub-title" is still Microsoft owns all...

Back