• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My never ending junk threads

Epgs

NLC Honorary Member
NLC
I just bought another thing of junk. It is HP NetServer LH plus, it contains 6 - 4.3 gig Hotswap drives, 256 MB RAM, dual pentium 166 Processors. It came with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Of course I had to pick it up. It is just a test machine now. But hey who knows.

Now you get to guess what I picked it up for.

Sounds like it'd go for a bit, but knowing the deals you've gotten... I'm going to guess that it was 20 bucks?

i know the website where you got it but i dont feel like going there right now. there are some really sweet deals there. i'll guess $15.

ok, 7trax how you know it and don't give it away? (do you know of it cause I mentioned it here once)

I seem to recall you mentioning it in a post on the 3rd of the month.

If only I lived in NC.

Yeah, it is nice. Although sometimes the weather is a pain. But keep the guesses coming. I shall reveal the answer tomorrow evening.

Well I must say GregT wins. I wouldn't have revealed the answer, but he got it right.

Who did you got it from?! I wanna ring that guy up. And yeah, how many rpm, you haven't replied yet..

Uhm... I got it from brentroad.com

As on the speed I am guessing 7,200 RPM.
Here are specs form HP. I haven't actually fired this thing up yet. Not enough time.

HP Disk Array (Standard with Model 1 Array) PCI Disk Array Controller with dual Fast and Wide SCSI-2 channels
Hot-swap and hot-spare capabilities
Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6

SCSI Controller Two PCI Fast and Wide SCSI-2 controllers integrated on system board

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/EDV/PC/hardware/products/hp/lh_main.htm

You have to pay $5 to get an account to bid there and from what I have seen the majority of everything sold you have to pick up yourself because it is all sold by frugal college people.

Yeah, but if you have an @ncsu.edu address you are fine to signup. It is free. Thats why I signed up.

Haha, unfortunatly I have to use it for my school e-mail. But hey look around at college message boards if you live in a college town, you may get lucky.

Back