• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mycpanel.co.uk gone?

masterbo

Hello,

Has someone heard recently about mycpanel.co.uk?
They look gone - without a single comment.

Just curious...

A "completely free" VPS company going out of business? How can that happen?

If they are completely free without even ask for the users to post in forum, then it is normal that they "gone" in very short time.

OK, thanks for the references.
Looks like the list of free hosting providers able to sustain at least several years, is getting quite short.

OK, thanks for the references.
Looks like the list of free hosting providers able to sustain at least several years, is getting quite short.

Plenty of them here.

http://taophoenix.seraphimlabs.net

Just look at Tao's results.

But for a free host to survive you have to give them something in return. Ads on your site, posts on their forum, your eternal soul.. well maybe not that one since it has limited value. Free hosts have to make money somehow or they don't last long.

Plenty of them here.

http://taophoenix.seraphimlabs.net

Just look at Tao's results.

But for a free host to survive you have to give them something in return. Ads on your site, posts on their forum, your eternal soul.. well maybe not that one since it has limited value. Free hosts have to make money somehow or they don't last long.

I only wish the results be in more compact form.

A broken link:
http://taophoenix.ismywebsite.com/Science/ScienceArticle1a.html
Perhaps not the only one, I haven't clicked every one yet.

I know free hosts should cover their expenses somehow.

Last edited:

A broken link:
http://taophoenix.ismywebsite.com/Science/ScienceArticle1a.html
Perhaps not the only one, I haven't clicked every one yet.

All of the results are in the top four rows. This version is also somewhat behind too, he's rearranged on some of the other copies.
And there's a bunch of broken links, they're articles he hasn't written yet. But Tao has gone out and found shared hosts that stood the test of time longer than most.

A broken link:...

Hi MasterBo.

It is absolutely my fault that my results are confusing - I scout out results for about 3 months at a time before I update all my mirrors. I tend to have one evolving "development" copy before I spin it out. At different points in my thread I post the Best Known Copy. In this case it is indeed Seraphim's, though that link he gave seems to have pulled an older page.
Speaking of my celebrated theme of brand changes, I am just about to produce one too.

For a few more days, try this link:
http://taophoenix.seraphimlabs.net/ReVisionMobile.html

I am closing in on a chunk of info, so per your interest in my efforts it is just about time to do a big update again.

Edit: For the rest of the links, I tried to make it clear if the article was posted or not. Currently only the Buddhism pages and the FAQ are up. Let me know if that's not as clear as I hoped. Come hang out in my thread! :)

P.S. I never have "horror" stories with lost data because that is why I built a mirror system - even if my home computer breaks AND a host goes down, chances are something close is still on one of the mirrors.

Last edited:
tao can we redo your site?

Heh before I say yes I want to be sure I know what you're asking! I left it alone though I checked my notes and you were nearby briefly in the early stages of the survey. Are you asking to rejoin under your current new brand? Sure.

"Can you redo my site" - hehe if you're referring to my eye-melting graphics and you want to take a shot at improving some of those, have at it! Heh in light of "recent events" I have not asked for much site help, preferring to stumble along looking like a wet bird than over-ask!

pm me some ftp details so i can work on it. Would you be willing to switch to wordpress?

pm me some ftp details so i can work on it. Would you be willing to switch to wordpress?

Thanks for offering! Even easier is go ahead and give me a tracking account and then you can just upload stuff!

I'm old school, I will say that I think there's a deep flaw with the flashy new blog programs, in that "it's all wrapped up in the database" so that unless I'm mistaken it's both harder to have multiple versions to synch and also harder to keep granular 100% stage backups. What kind of magic can you do in straight html?

P.s. let's continue this in my thread, to keep it out of harm's way for FWS.

Last I heard they were going to make a come back. But that is what happens when you give away free with no charge at all.

Last I heard they were going to make a come back. But that is what happens when you give away free with no charge at all.

If they come back, people will sure go and request for the VPSes like a swarm of bees.
But if any of them plan to host important datas, then they are stupid.

Back