• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MySQL, PHP, ASP, and Perl- Hosting Coming Soon

We will be offering web hosting services soon. MySQL, PHP, ASP, and Perl will be supported when our servers are up and running. Our state of the art server applications allow an easy user-interface, as well as FTP support.

We are planning to update our servers to Dell® PowerEdge™ 500sc servers with the RedHat Linux 7.2 operating systems. We will offer 50-100 MB of space, and 1.0 GHZ Bandwidth for only $10.00 per month! The servers will be up by April of 2002 at the latest. You will recieve a free domain when you sign up for paid hosting for a year. We protect our servers with WatchGuard® firewalls. Our broadband connection will help your site load faster. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us.

We are offering a free service for people who pre-register before April 8th, 2002. There is one pop-under ad, but you will still recieve the benefits of MySql, PHP, ASP, and Perl support. E-mail Alex Salisbury @ asalisbury@catch22design.com to pre-register. You will recieve an e-mail when out service is activated. You may also post a reply or send a PM with your e-mail address. We will contact you when your account is ready.

I guess this should be in the web hosting offer forum?

and you announced this yesterday in the free web space forum.

I think he means that you should be saying 1GB rather than 1 GHZ as what you said makes absolutely no sense.

And how many servers are you bringing online at the same time? As most companies just start off with one. All too many host talk about "our servers" or "our network" when they either have 1 server or none.

We are offering 1 gb of bandwidth per month. We are starting out with two servers, but they are together on a rack. If we start to host enough people, we will expand to more.

Not to discredit you or anything, but if someone can make such a big mistake "1 GHZ" as apposed to GB then well their is something wrong.

You should colocate your servers, more security, ups, better connections and will cost you less then using your own facilities.

It was midnight when i posted it. I was tired and wasn't paying attention to the smallest details. If you think the servers aren't going to be secure, we have already bought a watchguard firebox mechanical firewall (no not black ice or norton personal firewall).

Sounds like they secure from cyber attack but what about:

1) Theives
2) Power failure
3) Bad air conditions
4) Fire risk
5) Internet Connection

....and all the other things that a data center offers? You can't seriously expect to run hardware from a plaza office. It's quite ridiculous. My advice to you is to put them into a data center near you. Co-lo can be quite cheap and well worth it.

graham697, all paid hosting related threads *must* be posted in the web hosting offers forum (where this has been moved).

These are only two servers. They aren't a whole room full. I don't think we need to be worrying about thieves (there's an alarm system), there are people in the office full time, and the ISPs have 24 hour support and on-site repair. We wouldn't have purchased them if we knew something would happen.

Oh, I almost forgot...Power failure...we will have them running off one or two APCs (after all, Tampa Bay is the lightning capital of the world).

Originally posted by Myacen Network
Not to discredit you or anything, but if someone can make such a big mistake "1 GHZ" as apposed to GB then well their is something wrong.

You should colocate your servers, more security, ups, better connections and will cost you less then using your own facilities.

webhosting companies think alike.. i was about to say that too. mb and gb can easily be mixed up.. but ghz and gb are not even related.

Back