• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NameZero-?

ace0

Did Namezero stop doing free domain names? I just went there and there is nothing about free names, but now you have to pay.

Actually I do think they stoped giving free domains out. I just went to their site and there is no sign up for a FREE domain. Unless I missed it. :confused:

NameDemo requires you to have a creditcard! haha, that's B.Crap .... I suppose there are no longer free domains .. even the ones with ads ... namedemo is free but the kids can't register with it .. or even people without a credit card.

...and just a while ago, they sent me their first newsletter (ugh) telling me about how great and improved their services are and everything, and it keeps going on about what you guys here are saying they don't offer. Hmm......... I dunno.

They were loosing too much money i guess from the banner cheats. Cheat a service and it either gives up and goes onto something new or starts doing paid services only.

The reason why they prolly started as free was to establish themselves in the domain market. Now they have a name for themselves they have gone and put a fee on the service.

Originally posted by KNK
NameDemo requires you to have a creditcard! haha, that's B.Crap .... I suppose there are no longer free domains .. even the ones with ads ... namedemo is free but the kids can't register with it .. or even people without a credit card.
I thought only DomainZero did that, unless NameDemo changed its policies.

I don't think so... but neither did I ever get a domain from them - not like I would want to now anyways... I've learned my lesson. >_<

I just paid a visit to Namezero's page... it seems like they've really stopped the free domain thing. Just a few days ago (or it could've been weeks already, time really flies by) they still have the fee domain options on their page. I guess they've finally figured that what they were doing was wrong (in a way).

Too bad. I guess you can take a shot at emeisp, but I've never gotten shit from them at all. :(

Originally posted by LeX
Too bad. I guess you can take a shot at emeisp, but I've never gotten shit from them at all. :(
That's what happened to NameZero right before they died. When they first started, I got my email from them in less than 5 mins.

That's what we all got. Therefore, we are guessing that the free service is now gone without a notification or a trace.

Back