• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Host

Auxois

I need a new host for my site, http://www.nuclearbox.com/

Currently I'm using Interland.com and I'm using up:

UNIX/CGI
60+ gigs/month
130 megs space
20,000+ files
God knows how many hits
No ads (on a gaming site/forums)

Right now the only thing I found that is fast and cheap was Aplus.net which advertises as 500megs space/unlimited "traffic" for $9.95 a month, including CGI on a UNIX shared hosting server.
(UPDATE, count out aplus, traffic is not bandwidth, they only offer 2gigs bandwidth)

Some things that would be nice that I don't have right now:

200megs space
PHP

Email address is auxois@nuclearbox.com or icq me at 15705162

Last edited:
for a decent non unlimited host, that 60G a month is going to cost you. and I think unlimited host will suspend your account for sure if you used up 60G a month.

$9.95 a month

Correct me if I am wrong but anyone offering 60 gigs transfer for less than $10 a month is severely overselling and if you actually start to use anywhere close to that amount, you'd see a severe decrease in server performance that could 'possibly' lead to a very poor service.

Originally posted by Perpetual

Correct me if I am wrong but anyone offering 60 gigs transfer for less than $10 a month is severely overselling and if you actually start to use anywhere close to that amount, you'd see a severe decrease in server performance that could 'possibly' lead to a very poor service.

The $10 per month was only for 2 gigs, thats why I said aplus was out.

Originally posted by Auxois

For what features?

Mainly transfer. You're using up quite a large amount of data transfer a month and it's recommended at stages like this that you get a dedicated server all for yourself so that you'd be the only one using the system resources.

Originally posted by PyschoPath
Ok, delete PODBot, it's a stupid peice of shit, that ----s up your system, nothing else said, try www.zeroping.com They host CS sites.

You sir, are a MORON. I am the official host for Podbot, I will not delete them, thankyou. For your information, it happens to be the most popular bot for CS and on top of that, the author of the bot, a good friend of mine, now works for Gearbox software developing the AI for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Apparently it was such a shitty bot, they hired him to do the AI for the official game!! If you aren't intelligent enough to install something so simple without screwing up your system, then you have only yourself to blame. Over 400,000 downloads since its creation over a year ago and no one else has had that problem. You do the math, that is if you can handle basic arithmetic...

Hi,

How much are you currently spending at Interland? That's a good place to start. :)

And pay no attention to psycho, everyone gets used to him in the end. :D

Originally posted by NexDog
Hi,

How much are you currently spending at Interland? That's a good place to start. :)

And pay no attention to psycho, everyone gets used to him in the end. :D

They do :confused:

Originally posted by NexDog
Hi,

Since I work for a major ISP that used them for webhosting, I didn't have to pay anything(normal rate was like $20 or so I believe). Problem is, my employer switched to Verio, and the specs are less as well as it being about half the speed for some reason, so here I am, searching for something better. I've currently got 3 different gaming networks that may host me for free though(obviously I have to advertise but it will be gaming related ads, so its not too bad), but I would still like to see what is out there before I make that decision.

Originally posted by Auxois

Since I work for a major ISP that used them for webhosting, I didn't have to pay anything(normal rate was like $20 or so I believe). Problem is, my employer switched to Verio, and the specs are less as well as it being about half the speed for some reason, so here I am, searching for something better. I've currently got 3 different gaming networks that may host me for free though(obviously I have to advertise but it will be gaming related ads, so its not too bad), but I would still like to see what is out there before I make that decision.

Verio is ALOT more stable and faster than them by a country mile.

Verio has its own backbone .. with big oc-12 / oc-48 internet connections from point to point with a big us / jap backbone ..

I'm trying, I really am. :p

Even though he didn't apologise for insulting me for no reason on another thread that the mods kindly removed. The guy's got alarge attitude problem but I'm willing give him the benefit of the doubt. For a little longer anyway..................:D

Back