• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need reliable host

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I believe the "truth", but somehow it is hard to believe that you have been online since 1997. I can not find any trace of you before 1999 and that 1999 is from whois of one domain that you claim to be yours. There are no articles, no nothing about you and yet you say that you hosted 500 free web sites in 1999. I myself first noticed your site about a week ago.
And how did you registrar screw up ? I mean if you were so big then how is it possible?It is not possible to lock yourself and your registrar out of the domain
And is Rackforce Hosting Inc your 7 interconnected data centers...
And where do you get your 27,414 free web sites? You have 161 "active" members (most of them have less than 10 post and 38 of them have 1 post) at your forum, and you aren't even hosting all of them. So you want to say that you give 150 MB space and 20 GB bandwidth to 27,300+ people without ads and posting?

hanz said:
Usually I believe the "truth", but somehow it is hard to believe that you have been online since 1997. I can not find any trace of you before 1999 and that 1999 is from whois of one domain that you claim to be yours. There are no articles, no nothing about you and yet you say that you hosted 500 free web sites in 1999. I myself first noticed your site about a week ago.
While other hosts have to rely heavily on getting listed everywhere on the planet,
most all of our business comes from word of mouth from our existing customers
and free hosting members which is more than enough to keep us busy.

And how did you registrar screw up ? I mean if you were so big then how is it possible?It is not possible to lock yourself and your registrar out of the domain
In a word ... Incompetence! And yes, it is possible because they did it!
I personally lost 16 domain names because of their screw up!

The registrar settled and paid us very substantially for the mistake but
I'm still very pissed about it to this day.

And is Rackforce Hosting Inc your 7 interconnected data centers...
Yes, that is one of several of the "third party rented locations" mentioned in my
previous post. We own 2 locations in the USA and 1 in Europe. In addition to those,
we rent space at 1 third party network in the USA, 1 in Australia, 1 in Canada,
and 1 other also in Europe.

And where do you get your 27,414 free web sites?
You have 161 "active" members (most of them have less than 10 post and 38 of them have 1 post) at your forum, and you aren't even hosting all of them. So you want to say that you give 150 MB space and 20 GB bandwidth to 27,300+ people without ads and posting?
You seem to forget that we have been open for nearly 9 years and the number
of sites we currently host have been built up slowly over that time.

Yes, we host "27,300+ free sites without any ads or forum posting" and we are not
anywhere close to the sites we are capable of hosting if that tells you anything.

Now I hate to be rude but this conversation is over. You have hijaaked this thread
far plenty enough already! You yourself should be appologizing to the owner of this
thread for getting so far off topic as I have also done already. I have taken a lot of
my own valuable time to be courteous to you and answer all your questions in detail
and I really don't have any time to keep discussing this especially since I have already
given you way more information about our history than what is necessary purely to
answer your questions and satisfy your curiosity. Good day!

So you have a nice story, but you have nothing to back it up. All you say is that all facts are wrong, but you can not prove it.
So what can I say:
+ you joined this forum in Apr 2002
+ ircsites.com was created in 2004-08-01 and from what I can see there has been no site on that domain
+ afterdarkusa.com was created in 1999-07-14, but there was no site untill 2002 and that wasn't a host. In 2004 itr was redirected to AMZ and now it is redirected to you.
+ twebserv.com was first created in somewhere 2001 (or 2000) and there was site called Tilson Web Services. It expired in 2002 and then you registered it in 2004 and redirected it to Club Host. Now you have installed phpCOIN
+ cybertoad.net was created in 2000-01-12 and it was some kind of paid host (no free host an no email service). In 2002 it was made into some kind of personal website and in 2003 it was made into paid host again. Seems like in 2003 "you" started offering free email service, not in 1997. Now this domain is redirected to yuor site.
+ amzweb.net was created in 2002-01-10 as a free host (post 2 host). You offered 60 mb space back then.
+ u69.us was created in 04th Oct 2002. It was redirected to ClubHost.
+ iict.net was created in 2003-01-02 for Infinity Services. Was redirected to Vonage by the end of 2003 and in 2004 you got it. And it is not one of your "paid hosting brands", it is just redirected to clubhost
+ clubhost.us was created in 30th Dec 2002 for your clubhost
+ clubhostcity.com was created in 2005-09-13 for your host
+ all of your sites seem to be hosted in one server (maybe even VPS) that is located in Rackforce Hosting Inc's datacenter, by what I can see you own nothin. Also this topic http://forums.clubhostcity.com/viewtopic.php?t=13 MySQL Server Updated
+ your forum has 161 members and most of them have less than 10 post. You have also only 8258 post. Who cares if you prune them or not, most of the post 2 host sites have started pruning their posts lately.
+ you don't even host all of your members site, just check whois of some of them. They are hosted by totally different hosts. So where did you get 27,414? Also where did you get 839,582 paid sites? You have nowhere to put them and your host is so unknown that you would find them.
+ there are no articles or anything about you. If you really would have started in 1997 then you must be one of the oldest host still online and you should be very well know, but in fact no one knows your small host.
+ so "big" host is still using phpBB lol Don't you know it is full of bugs? If you really would be hosting 839,582 paid sites then that $180 for vBulletin would be nothing for you.
+ as I said, owner of such a big site wouldn't have time to come to so small forum and personally offer free hosting to everyone who asks for it. Nor would you care about my questions.
+ you are doing everythin on your own on your site ( http://forums.clubhostcity.com/viewtopic.php?t=152 , http://forums.clubhostcity.com/viewtopic.php?t=98 , http://forums.clubhostcity.com/viewtopic.php?t=55 , http://forums.clubhostcity.com/viewtopic.php?t=23 ...). Someone who is really hosting more than 800,000 paid sites wouldn't have time to paly around with some free sites.
+ your site is not working. "THE PAGE YOU REQUESTED WAS NOT FOUND" is almost everywhere. You know you are loosing more than 200 new paid customers every day because of that.
+ You are using Crafty Syntax Live for support. As we know, it is free and not too good.
+ You just started offering reseller hosting (as I can see from your site). I think you just got your first VPS and that is why you are offering resellers now.
+ you offer no server. If you already own so many datacenters then offering some nice servers shouldn't be a problem for you.
Hmm... so what do you think I am stupid?

That's quite an accusation. All I know is, AMZ is a good host. I doubt he has over 800,000 clients but he has been around for awhile.

Ken96 said:
During the transfer of our cPanel server, our past provider took it down too early. Therefore, we didn't have a chance to finish the backup. We recently finished setting up a new DNS structure on our Plesk Reloaded server and it should be finished propagating soon. If you wish to regain your account, PM me. I can not guarentee there is a full or even partial backup of your account.
I'm not sure what you are doing and just saw the above message but, if I understand it
correctly you were recently changing upstream providers?

Piece of advice for future reference .... overlap!

It is good to carry the account at your old location for at least a month after you
are operational at your new location. That way you have plenty of time to transfer
everything and make sure it's all working as it should before the old one goes away.

Last edited:
But that did not deter our great one :)

Here is what came back LLF

All the hosts who subscribe to our information services are
all totally independent and are all totally free to use or
not use the information however they wish.

We only provide an information resource and it is done
in such a way that no host needs to disclose any
confidential or proprietary information about themselves
or any of their users.

Some hosts use the RBL databases we provide to
automatically ban users while others use it more for
general informational purposes only.

It's basically the same type of service as SpamCop
and many of the other spam blacklist services out there
and actually works exactly the same way ...

If you are not interested though, that is definitely your choice!

However, if you should ever change your mind,
just let us know ...

Sincerely,
J. Winters
Spiral Light Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back