• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New free hosting service

Tazzman

I would just like to inform everybody here that section5.net has finally been launched. Section5 is intended to be a small free hosting service that offers good support to its members.

Some of what we have on offer:

• 50 MB diskspace
  • 2 GIGS of monthly transfer
  • No file size limit or file type restrictions (as we intend to remain small we can keep a check on illegal files, so why punish the masses for the activities of the few)
  • Php, mysql and cgi supported
  • CPanel control panel for each account
  • Many more features as listed on our site

We will be requiring adds (though they are not yet in place), but we will give our users the option to choose between a number of add types (banner add, popup) that they can place on the main page of their sites, so they can select the add that they find least intrusive. We'd love to offer free hosting without adds, but unfortunatly it costs money to run the servers needed and we can't be expected to pay for these ourselves while other people use the resources.

Unfortunatly at this time we can only offer hosting to sites that have their own TLD, but we hope to get subdomain support up within about a week.

We welcome any comment and suggestions about our service, but please post these on our site support forums, as I don't think this is the place to discuss these matters.

A link to our site can be found in my signature.

lemme just state that its a good service - but they are run by the guys @ h o s t i ng z o n e

but they are run by the guys @ h o s t i ng z o n e
I don't know where you got this information, but this is incorrect. It's run by a friend of mine and myself and we are in no way connected with h o s t i n g z on e. Just do a whois on the domain name ;)

We actually run and pay for our own servers. At the moment we have 2 servers of which one is in active use and the second will be soon (this is the one we want to use for subdomains). The server that's active is located in the fdcservers datacenter in Chicago. The other server is located at 56marietta in Atlanta. If anybody wants the full specs, feel free to contact me.

On another note, thank you to the people that have already signed up in the last 36 hours (all 25 of you). I hope we can serve you well.

Last edited:
eh - my mistake - but the guy who owns united-realms.com - when i do a whois on it goes to core.section5.net and i thought he ran it with some guy named mike

Yes, united-realms is on my server. They are merely a user, nothing more. Hope that clears it up.

Last edited:
Nope, not a valcato reseller. I just have an off-server hosting account with Valcato for the section5.net site to ensure that the support email etc. stays up if a server goes down for whatever reason. What good is tech support if it can't be reached because it's hosted on the same server as the sites that are down.

The server at FDCservers:
AMD XP 1800+, 1024 MB ram, 2 x 40 GIG harddrives of which one is used for backup purposes. This server runs purely on cogent bandwidth, but I have heared rumours about FDC bringing in some additional Yipes! bandwidth in the near future, though I don't know how much truth is in these.

Server at 56 Marietta (rented from serverhost.com):
Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghz, 512 MB ram, 1 x 40 GIG harddrive. This server is cogent bandwidth with several other bandwidth providers as backup that will take over if cogent goes down.

I pay for both servers and have full root access. I'm not a reseller. If you would like IP's to ping, I'll gladly provide them if you PM me or send me an email. I won't publicly post them though. If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask them.

Back