• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New The Hosting Tool Design

JonnyH

The Hosting Tool
NLC
Hey guys. Last post of the evening. I've just been taking some time to work on the new design for THT. I'm calling it the .2 design since it's being released on v1.2. Anyway, it's a pretty large design. It's going to be launched as the default version and run on the forums and main website.

I'd tried to give THT a image, something that looks proffesional but classy at the same time. Something that shouts here's a nice Web 2.0 script that I'd love to download and use.

http://thehostingtool.com/newdesign/

Ignore the bug where the text is out of the box, I'll fix it tommorrow. If anyone has any ideas. Post below.

I don't like the header and the rest is just borderline ok. Bit bland really and is not really unique.
Sorry.

Ouch. Weren't expecting that, thanks for the straight honest feedback. I'll wait for other feedback before action.

Well i dont HATE it, but i prefer the old one.

Its a bit Dark IMO.
Usually I like dark looking sites, but It doesnt seem to suit THT.

MCT, if the broke your on about is the text, I know about it and mentioned it above ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll look at it and see what I do. I'm guessing it's too dark?

I really love the header. My only suggestion would be make the bottom text area less wide. Granted I am looking at it on a widescreen monitor with a big resolution, but it seems quite...horizontal.

What about now guys? Changed the nav to blue and the border round the boxes are a bluey grey.

Honest opinion here:
This is probably your worst design ever. >.< Fix the nav bar, it looks to blocky/basic. Try more of a tab look. The body of the site looks fine, however. I like the font in the header :D

imo, give the design a set width. also, standardize your spacing. what i mean by that is see how much space in between the logo and the nav, that is at least a good 20px, if not a little more. below the nav, there is 20px, but, the text inside the left box and the main content only has a couple pixels padding. make a standard space,and give them 20px padding. make the footer text 20px below the content area. little things like that seem stupid, but, it will really clean up the layout. other than that, i like it.

I like it much better now Jonny' Nice job.
But as iBrightDev said, take the dash away from the testimonial. Try a dotted thin border in your CSS such as:

border: thin dotted;

Back