• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Next Gen Keyboard

why would you want to look at pictures on your keyboard?

Why not... turn the computer into a keyboard-size device, and then have the keyboard be on the screen... if that makes sense. Sorta like a laptop, but no keyboard, just a touch sensitive screen. <---OMG I NEED A PATENT :p

The keyboard concept I really liked was the one with the tiny LCD screens behind each key and you could configure it to show different things at different times. E.g. Games keys instead of the normal letters when playing games. And since it's LCD screens, they can be any colour you want them to be.

The keyboard concept I really liked was the one with the tiny LCD screens behind each key and you could configure it to show different things at different times. E.g. Games keys instead of the normal letters when playing games. And since it's LCD screens, they can be any colour you want them to be.

I saw that, it's not a concept anymore - it's been made. Looks pretty cool. But damn expensive.

Apple have also patented it even though they didn't come up with it!

i really like it, it dam sweet, but im not sure about the practical day to usage, when i use the keyboard i want to no that ive pressed the key, if u get what im saying

Why watch pictures on your keyboard, isn't that what that box with a glass panel on the front is for? You know, the glowing thing with some buttons on it. Often used as a paperweight...

Touch sensitive keyboards suck and blow at the same time, not tactile enough for real use...

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

Apparently it's not released yet, but it's been made nevertheless.
approx. 462.27 US$ - see what I mean about pricey?

$462 is the price for ONE programmable key. And guess which one? The SPACEBAR. Talk about practical. :rolleyes:

The fully programmable 113-key model goes for a cool $1564.

There's also 10 and 47 key models, at $599 and $999 respectively. You can check 'em out here: http://store.artlebedev.com/computer_add-ons/optimus/

Last edited:
$462 is the price for ONE programmable key. And guess which one? The SPACEBAR. Talk about practical. :rolleyes:

Shoot. That changes everything... Although it says that you can change the non-programmable keys to programmable ones in the future.

Back