• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nobunaga's Archives

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
Redesigned my Sengoku themed website: http://dragonthrone.namepad.net/, the layout is incorporated into wordpress.

The website will be about games set during the Warring States period of Japan, also known as the Sengoku Era. Featured game series is Nobunaga's Ambition, a historical simulation where you try to unite the country under your rule.

I wanted the website to look clean, simple and attractive yet keep to an oriental feel. The only issue I think I may have is the blossoms and the text. On my resolution, 1600x900, it does overlap a little, but I can still read the text ok. On lower/higher resolutions I really don;t know how that affects the readability. The menu on the left that has the featured games has a submenu that scrolls down when you click that specific game. I may toss a brief menu at the top, where the little section where the darker brown background is.

Anywho, suggestions are always welcome and comments (even if they are never implemented ;)).

The logo is hard, I had to use cooltext.com or something and had the font etched into the background.

Well, IE officially sucks balls. I went to a tutorial on why some css probs are not showing up in IE, and for the hell of me I cannot get the backgrounds to show.

I changed the top logo to something where it was more legible. I still cannot get the site to look proper in IE, if you use something other then IE or FF (such as Chrome) please let me know if it looks proper (such as all backgrounds showing)

Much better on the logo, and everything looks fine in Chrome as well. Looks awful in IE, but you know, can't win them all. When I used to do web design, I just simply got tired of all the workarounds and fixes to make things look good in IE. I just designed for FF (this was well before Chrome and such was out) and called it a day.

I like the Website too - well done! I just wonder whether the title of the logo could be wrapped around the Logo instead of through the Logo, so that it could make for easier reading?

I redesigned the website after a LONG hiatus, new url: http://saincai.if1.us

i also redesigned the acidtechgreen phpbb3 to suit my needs. i havent made a standard logo, just tossed one on there for now. keep in mind this is a website about the warring states of Japan and the video game series associated with it (Nobunaga's Ambition), late 16th century Japan, so trying to give it an oriental feel. I may change the main site to the dark gray, depending on feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to note, the address is showing up correctly, but if you click on it, the link is broken. Missing the u in us. :D

I had written that on mobile, then "attempted" to edit, which showed as altered correctly. Unfortunately I dont see a way to edit now that I am on my PC so the correct address (proper link) is

http://saincai.if1.us

Hopefully that will work lol

Back